Are all people this ignorant?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BensMom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Super Mommy
I knew pulling my child out to homeschool was going to be a sore subject with some people.. and I prepared my self for it, or at least I thought I did... My boyfriend has his reservations about it but he really can not do anything because my older boy is not his..

My boyfriend's mother however, and I knew it was coming, decided to use this memorial day to explain to me in full detail why she thought I was a loser, and stupid for doing this to my child. How I had no reason to pull him out of school. How I am not allowed to think MY child was any better then anyone else's. How my claims that he is really smart are unfounded and a complete lie. How her children read when they were two and were just the same kind of intelligence and you didn't see her trying to make them out to be something they are not..

How even telling my child I think he is smarter then me is only going to harm him and how I was expecting the school to do way to much for a child that was just average and oh, the adhd isn't the problem he is just a bad kid.

wow... I informed my boyfriend last night that I will NEVER be going to his mothers house EVER again.

(her children, they have even said that my son is DIFFERENT in every way and amazes them ***?)
May 29th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's really none of her business. I would have just said "That's a family decision, and it has been made" and walked away. Who needs the stress?
May 29th, 2012, 01:51 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Yeah... sounds like she's probably questioning her own actions back then and somehow trying to pick a fight to defend them now. Don't give her the honor of ruffling your feathers. It'll only make her worse. Completely ignoring all this... and even being nice to her on top of it... will make her burn from the inside out.
therevslady likes this.
May 29th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Super Mommy
I am going to have to deal with her on some level.. my 1 year old is her grandson.. She just loves to pick fights with people and I am positive she didn't have anything to fight about that day so yay, pick on me.. I know that she is wrong in every sense of the word.. but I am no longer going to be around her if I can help it.. and that includes my little guy.. if she wants privileges like that she needs to behave herself.. you know.. because that is what I do with my older boy, the one she thinks is plum stupid..

I have had enough negativity in my life that I no longer keep people who can't be nice.. I don't rip on her for any of her choices.. and my son was right there and heard the whole thing, so I explained in full detail about how she is wrong and no one should act like that to anyone whether they think there child is special or if they thing aliens are among us and he laughed and said "yeah!"
May 30th, 2012, 07:10 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
How does your boyfriend feel about his mother treating you this way? Could he talk to her about it? Some people really are that ignorant, but yet we're the ones being dumb
May 30th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
^ I agree with Chantelle!

Im sorry she is treating you poorly

May 30th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Super Mommy
He saw the whole thing, and he is not happy about it but everyone in his family has this "sweep it under the rug and it will go away philosophy" My problems with her have stemmed from deep within the whole relationship.. I ignored her though most of her crazy crap.. she accused me of sleeping with her now ex husband and I ignored it because it was not true and I could handle that because it wasn't something that could hurt me.. but to sit with in ear shot of my child and call him pretty much a loser just doesn't jive with me.. I gave up my own mother for protection of my children and I will not have this woman in my life for one second if she thinks crap like this is ok.. I have told my boyfriend that based on how she treated the whole situation I am NOT going to go out of my way to bring my son around her anymore.. He understood, he know about the crazy crap she pulled with me before.. I was working for his father as a office manager of a small appliance shop for 5 years, I quit due to having a baby (two years after they divorced) I watched her physically assault his fathers new girlfriend (after they were divorced) and to be honest.. I don't care to be around her anymore.. she can call me ever name in the book because I know they are not true but what she was saying about my boy crosses the line completely.. so I guess a little history makes it more then meets the eye.. she looks for fights, and will do anything to find one..

On a sad note, she called the house today and asked my boyfriend if his daughter and my son could come out and stay the night tuesday night.. This is the first time in over 9 years that I have been with her son that she has EVER asked that.. and my child has always asked why he doesn't get invited only for it to come up now.. I don't like this crap.. So I told him we are going to start music lessons if he is interested in learning the trumpet.. He found that to be a very reasonable substitute for going there..

I am sad that she is such a negative person, but I am happy that my little guy is willing to rise above it.. I am just going to avoid her from now on.
May 31st, 2012, 07:50 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Sounds a LOT like my MIL. I havent talked to her in YEARS now because of the things she says and she has little to no contact with the kids. They have no desire to see her and I sure don't!! Hopefully she doesnt say stuff to him while he is there. Does he have a way to ge to come home?t a hold of you if he would want
June 2nd, 2012, 01:00 AM
Veteran
I haven't run into any of this yet since FD1 is just in pre-school, but I'm bracing myself for when she's supposed to "go to" kindergarten.

June 2nd, 2012, 08:01 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Does the state allow you to HS a foster child? As far as I know, you can't do that in TX.
June 2nd, 2012, 01:14 PM
Veteran
No, we can't HS foster children. But technically FD doesn't HAVE to be enrolled in preschool, so I have gotten away with it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search