YAY, test results...

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Frackel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2012, 04:52 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
YAY, so very proud of them. I finally got all of the end of the year results in, all three of them did really great.

The girls both took the a Scantron test(it's done online), and the scale for both tops out at 3700. They stop testing, well measuring, at the 10th grade level on the charts. A 3700 would put them at the end of 12th grade though.
These were their results..

Alexis-she's 13 and was in 7th grade, now moving to 8th grade(technically speaking, lol)
Math-3688
Reading-3700

Alyssia-she's 11 and in 5th grade, moving to 6th(technically)
Math-3650
Reading-3588

I say technically because their curriculum next year will be heavily modified and advanced in most courses

Leo did his end of the year testing as well. His doesn't come with a score like theirs did. His results are based on grade level. He is 8, was in 2nd grade and going into 3rd(his curriculum will also be modified, especially Math)
Math he is at 6.25
Reading he is at 4.25 (when first pulled out of school in 2010, he could not read, was in 1st grade and measuring at a K level, barely)

I'm so proud of them, of course they already know this, but, still, can't help but beam. They worked really hard this year(just like last, lol) and even though we got done way early and I had to supplement a TON, everything worked out perfectly. They're just not cut out for the schools here, clearly. There is no way any of them would be where they are, had I left them in the schools here. Not that all public schools suck, or something, there really are great ones out there. There just aren't any anywhere near us.
therevslady and foxfire_ga79 like this.
June 2nd, 2012, 05:15 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Excellent job kids (and teacher, of course )! Do you do any sort of reward system for grades?
June 2nd, 2012, 05:24 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
Great results!

June 2nd, 2012, 07:49 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Actually we don't really do a rewards system for grades, but I have one we do for just about everything else, lol. So I plan on working that in there. Not sure what yet, but we'll figure it out, lol.

Now that we've got the last two years, well year and a half, under our belt, I think we've really found a system that will work well for us for a good long while. They've got themselves into their little routines too, which is helping tremendously. I think the biggest part of the puzzle, that we were missing before, is comfort. They're completely and utterly comfortable in this environment. For the most part, they pick and choose and I just go with the flow. It's probably the most relaxed sort of schooling, aside from unschooling. But it works so well for them, well all of us.
In fact it works so well I'll be joining them this year-if not this semester, then next. I am waiting on financial aid to get their butts in gear, lol. I'm going back to school myself for my bachelors of science in information and technology with a concentration in multimedia and visual communication.

This should be a lot of fun!
June 2nd, 2012, 08:58 PM
Doralovinmomma's Avatar and hell is just a sauna
Send a message via AIM to Doralovinmomma Send a message via Yahoo to Doralovinmomma
yay for them and you. i can only hope for a fraction of your success when we begin. i'm getting a little more scared

Thank you Niamh for my awesome blinkies!! And Vicki... for my fantastic siggy

June 3rd, 2012, 07:05 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for all of y'all! Those are amazing results!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

June 4th, 2012, 03:09 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Those are totally awesome results!!!!!!!!!! What testing did they do? They deserve a huge reward!!
June 4th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
They do Scantron testing and Leo's is just a diagnostic, not sure what the name of it is, if it even has one, lol.

It tests word per minute too but there is no way that it can be said with any certainty to be accurate. Just because of the nature of the test. They all read pretty quick but when you have to click a button that says stop (or, like them, forget to and start answering without doing it), you can mess up the results.
June 5th, 2012, 10:52 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Wow, those are some amazing scores! They're doing awesome (as are you!).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search