Summer (or whatever break) Sleep

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2012, 07:25 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Ben was telling me tonight that "all" (yeah, right) his friends get to stay up until 10 during the summer and wanted to know why I won't let him. I assured him that "all" of them don't, and then gave him good reasons why (to which he agreed).

So, do your kids have a different bedtime during either summer or whenever your break falls during the year?
July 8th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, mine go to bed at 8:30 during he summer and at about 8 the rest of the year.

July 8th, 2012, 08:10 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
my kids bedtime is the same all year long. We are night owls here and are definately not morning people.

July 8th, 2012, 08:50 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I let them stay up later, 9:30-10, as long as we do not have to get up early for anything. It is hard to send them to bed at 8 when it is still daylight lol.
July 9th, 2012, 06:32 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
We stay up later in the summer, not because of vacation but DH works longer hours in the summer and I want the kids to have a chance to spend time with him.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
July 9th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
It doesn't change. We do scriptures at 8, bedtime at 9 year round. However, just because they are in bed does not mean they must go immediately to sleep. We have no requirement for actually going to sleep.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 9th, 2012, 07:18 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
My kids go to bed about half an hour later during the summer, but just because it's lighter outside, our routine doesn't change much.
July 10th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
During the school year the kids are in bed by 8-8:30 at the latest. But that's not because they have a bedtime, that just happens to be the time they are ready to pass out, lol.
During the summer some nights are later, some earlier. Tonight they all were in bed by 9, we had a long couple of days though. Some nights they don't get off to bed until 11 or later. It depends on what's going on, or what they're doing.
July 10th, 2012, 05:14 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
She goes to sleep whenever it gets dark, like around 9. In the fall/winter, she goes at 8. The boys go to bed at 7:30-8, but they play in their room for a while before falling asleep.

July 10th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
During the school year my kids were in bed at 8pm. For summer I changed their bedtime until 9pm. However it really has been more like 10pm with our back to back vacations....we're way off schedule. Hoping to move it closer to nine this week.
July 11th, 2012, 08:01 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmommato3 View Post
my kids bedtime is the same all year long. We are night owls here and are definately not morning people.

If I voice my kids' bedtime, I hear audible gasps.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search