How's everyone?? Blogs?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2012, 09:20 AM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Hey!

I know I haven't been in for a while - things have been nuts with my hubby starting pre-nursing school this summer. His finals for the first session are today and then starting tonight he will have over 24 hours off (no work, no school) for the first time in 6 weeks! I hope he gets plenty of sleep. LOL

Anyway. What's everyone doing for the summer? Still schooling or taking off? I'll try to catch up in here later this afternoon! My 13yo is gone this week at summer camp, and today my nieces (7 and 2) needed a babysitter so I have 6 kids under the age of 10, including three 2yo's. So, we'll see if I get that far.

You ladies know about Homeschool Giveaways? This week's giveaway is free blog hosting for life! I promised to share here for an extra entry.

Do you all blog? Do we have a blog roll here???

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
July 9th, 2012, 10:25 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I hate Homeschool Giveaways. I find it annoying.

We're still on summer break. We're doing a unit study on Rome and continuing with Bible, but otherwise, we're not doing anything. We have VBS the first week of Aug, and we'll start back to school the 13th.

Still no blog.....
July 9th, 2012, 06:20 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
we are on summer break except for the kids standardized testing that is happening on Friday.
we start back on August 13th. I am waiting on my shipment of the rest of my school books tomorrow

July 9th, 2012, 07:40 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
We're still schooling, although in a more laid back way. We plan to school most of the summer with just a couple of weeks off so we can take a break when baby Hannah arrives in September.
July 11th, 2012, 08:25 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BensMom View Post
I hate Homeschool Giveaways. I find it annoying.

We're still on summer break. We're doing a unit study on Rome and continuing with Bible, but otherwise, we're not doing anything. We have VBS the first week of Aug, and we'll start back to school the 13th.

Still no blog.....
LOL Why does Homeschool Giveaways annoy you? Just wondering. I have another friend who's not a fan of anything by these people, for personal reasons. But hey, I figure it's free stuff, and maybe, just maybe, one of these days I might actually win something. Maybe.

We had VBS in June here in our little town at the Baptist church where "everyone in town" attends. Our own big church where our membership is and we'd been going to on Sunday mornings had theirs the week after my sister got married and we just didn't have the gas money to take them. Our little church here in town is too tiny to hold one. We're used to going to several different ones; slow year for us!

I just finished making our reading list for this year! It's on my blog too - middle ages, read aloud novels based on awards lists, and read alone assignments for my 4th grader. I'm excited to have decided on all those finally!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
July 12th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Veteran
No blog. I tried but I have nothing to say worth me or anyone else spending their time on. It was just a chronicle of my indecision and inconsistency.

We took last week off and started new curriculum Monday. The week in general has not been great but school - miracle of miracles - has been going well.
July 13th, 2012, 08:35 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
The giveaway stuff bugs me too. You never have a chance, then you get junk mail, kunk through your news feeds on FB. I dunno, I dont think a lot of people ate honest when they say they did all these things to enter either. There is something about that particular giveaway host as I do not care much for her actions from one of her other sites.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search