Are you lurking? On the fence about homeschooling?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By alwayssmile
  • 1 Post By youngwoman

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Jump in! Summer is the time that a lot of people make the decision to start or end homeschooling. Do you have questions or concerns? Just want to say hello? Have little ones that are too young for school? Come on in!
July 10th, 2012, 06:04 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I lurk. (But you knew that already.) I would LOVE to homeschool, but looks like we'll be dealing with public school for a while since we'll be fostering.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
July 10th, 2012, 11:31 AM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lurk here. HI! DS is only 20 months. DH is active duty air force (has another 14 years left). After reading more and more stories on a military wife forum I'm on the more I don't want to rip DS out of school and put him in new schools due to movie just strictly because of the academics. So many parents complain about the basics their kids miss out on by all the moving and different distracts doing things at different times. I'm really leaning towards homeschooling so that learning is consistent. Plus it would be wonderful to take vacations when DH can get leave (which is always harder in the summer) and to move during the "off season."
RachaelDMommaTo3 likes this.

July 10th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Super Mommy
You must have read my mind. I was just about to post an intro with lots of questions. Hope you don't mind. Don't want to steal this thread so I'll go do that now.
~Mother of Miracles

July 10th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Augie... I figured you'd have to go through PS with fosters, but I bet you'll probably do some afterschooling, especially if kids are behind or ahead.

I agree... it would make transitions easier than moving from school to school in military style!

And, welcome, Audrey! I already responded to your other post.
July 11th, 2012, 07:46 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Wahoo, a few new faces and some luker-bees! Nice to see you! I haven't been around in a while, things stay busy, but it's planning season and the more input the better.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
July 16th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I have been lurking I am new to HS this year. My DD in grade 5 is in PS, but my DD in grade 2 is HS.

July 16th, 2012, 10:03 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Welcome!!
July 17th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrymom4 View Post
I have been lurking I am new to HS this year. My DD in grade 5 is in PS, but my DD in grade 2 is HS.
I know you've been lurking. I can't forget you, because you and your dh share the same names (and spellings) that we do! ... and I like Disney.
July 19th, 2012, 10:55 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still lurking but since we're finally going to start in the fall, I hope to be more active at that point. Going to my very first Homeschool Expo in Atlanta next weekend!
BensMom likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search