Any Road-schoolers here?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By in_mommy
  • 1 Post By BensMom
  • 1 Post By aect-mama
  • 1 Post By 2pinks&ablue
  • 1 Post By mamaginger
  • 1 Post By 2Corinthians10:4
  • 1 Post By BensMom
  • 1 Post By noworries

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2012, 02:12 PM
KeriMomof2's Avatar Veteran
Any one Road-schooling here? We have been living full-time with 2 kids in tow for over a year now home-schooling in our 36 foot travel trailer.

Anyone else?
*Keri*I am a Co-sleeping ...Retired-EBF'er "8+years total"...No-circumcision... Non-Vaxing...Home-schooling/Road-schooling ~> College Student Momma, Who loves Blogging<~click to View O' and did I mention I am now a Avon Sales Rep ? www.youravon.com/Keri
July 13th, 2012, 07:53 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Sounds like a blast!!!!
KeriMomof2 likes this.
July 13th, 2012, 08:05 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Hey... I remember seeing you around! It's been a while! No road schooling for us. That would be cool, though. Where have you been? Where are you going?
KeriMomof2 likes this.
July 13th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Super Mommy
Wow! I'd love to do that some day. Sounds like fun.
KeriMomof2 likes this.
~Mother of Miracles

July 14th, 2012, 06:37 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
We aren't, but that flexibility is one of many reasons that we chose to homeschool!
KeriMomof2 likes this.
July 14th, 2012, 12:50 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Haha. There has always been something about traveling around in a camper/rv that seems so fun to me. It could be because I've never done it though! Haha

So what state do you register or comply with?
KeriMomof2 likes this.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

July 15th, 2012, 09:57 AM
ady's mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are brave! I am way too OCD for that! We do move a lot so the flexibility of moving from one state to another is ONE of the reasons why we decided to homeschool.

http://adyandme.blogspot.com/
July 21st, 2012, 04:32 PM
been roadschooling 4 @ 2 years. im tired of traveling and hotels. its been a blast. looking to settle just sit still in one place.
July 21st, 2012, 05:02 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
We seriously considered it at one time, but we couldn't imagine living in a travel trailer with so many kids (we had six at the time).

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

July 22nd, 2012, 12:12 AM
KeriMomof2's Avatar Veteran
Yes, I know it has been awhile. I have just been so busy that I have not had much "Me" time which = "justmommies" time, but I am back and trying to make sure I squeeze more of that into my busy schedule ~>lol of course look who I am telling, any homeschooling mom knows what I mean To answer a few questions, I comply with Florida. This is where we lived when we began homeschooling. As far as the states we have been to. We of course traveled all over Florida; from the keys to Pensacola. We also have been to Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana. I really want to go to Washington D.C and Colorado next! Right now we are back in Florida for year end evaluations and of course enjoying the summer & visiting family and friends.
~> I also was nervous about putting so many people in an RV, but we knew that is was an option we had to take due to financial reasons and now we are so glad we did because we have gotten to see so many great places and met great people so far. Currently I am in college (online classes). So, In about a year we will take a break from traveling when I am done with my pre req classes, so I can take my program at a college. However, when I am done with my education we are planning to go back on the road, except this time I will be doing travel jobs while we enjoy our travels.
Life on the road is a Blast! Of course it has it's negatives too, like 4 people and one small camper bathroom, not a good thing! Still, you learn how to manage by taking turns. Plus, living in a smal space makes you a great organizer What the camper lacks in big house comforts, it makes up for by being so mobile ~> being able to see new places and just have fun doing different things is always so interesting. Being free to go when and where is a nice trade off
*Keri*I am a Co-sleeping ...Retired-EBF'er "8+years total"...No-circumcision... Non-Vaxing...Home-schooling/Road-schooling ~> College Student Momma, Who loves Blogging<~click to View O' and did I mention I am now a Avon Sales Rep ? www.youravon.com/Keri

Last edited by KeriMomof2; July 22nd, 2012 at 12:19 AM.
July 22nd, 2012, 07:28 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just want to say how jealous I am y'all! I would love to travel around and see the country, unfortunately I don't think Dh would ever even consider it.
KeriMomof2 likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

July 22nd, 2012, 08:12 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I think it would be really fun to see the whole country in 1 year, but I think that's as much as I could handle.
KeriMomof2 likes this.
July 23rd, 2012, 07:50 AM
noworries
I would love to do that. If DH's job was flexible and he could do it from wherever we were, I would totally do that.
KeriMomof2 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search