Fun art project using projectors

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Hi all,

My daughter, Riley, is still just four years old so my curriculum is based more around storytimes, play, and helping her to learn to socialize. I wanted to share a fun art project I like because it helps with her hand eye coordination as well as motor skills which are still developing.

I borrow my husbands mini projector and we project stencils of drawings against butcher paper taped to the wall. Riley, likes to trace the outlines first and then colors it in after. It really encourages her while giving her a sense of symmetry and a blue print for drawing.

I know some people may have issues with technology (I sure do ) but this AAXA LED projector is so simple to use, Riley likes to turn it on sometimes to let me know she wants to draw.

Anyways, just to keep discussion going, I would love to hear of any other fun art projects you all have cooked up at home
July 18th, 2012, 10:58 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Welcome!! I saw your introduction and was just coming to start a thread to welcome you, but I'll just say so here. Where are you from? Do you have any questions (other than help finding out what the homeschool laws are)?

I love the projector idea. We have several people at church who use this all the time. I don't have a projector, so I've never tried it, but I've always wanted to.
July 18th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome! I think my main thing I wanted help with was deciding the pro's and cons of going preschool or staying home school. I thought this forum would be a great source of inspiration.

Is there a government website where I can reference homeschool standards for California?
July 18th, 2012, 06:43 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Welcome!! The best place to go and learn about your state laws is: HSLDA | Home School Laws
I used to love doing stuff with projectors!
July 18th, 2012, 07:46 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
welcome

July 18th, 2012, 09:29 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Here's another good HS link for CA. http://homeschoolingincalifornia.com/

Personally, I don't see any pro's for sending a child to preschool. I know some people give the socialization argument, but I don't buy that unless you live in a secluded area and don't have any other social interactions throughout the week. Study after study shows that HS kids are better socialized than PS kids.
July 18th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Super Mommy
What a great idea! I'll have to see if I can borrow a projector.
And Welcome!
~Mother of Miracles

July 19th, 2012, 11:55 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Welcome Great art idea!
July 19th, 2012, 12:03 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! That sounds like a neat idea.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

July 19th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Thank all for the warm welcome and good advice/resource websites. I can see I have a lot to study up on. Feel free to borrow my projector anytime

Tags
art , mommy , motor skills , projector

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search