Any Graduates (recent or soon to be?)

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2012, 09:43 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
My oldest just turned 17, so even though we haven't kept up with typical grade levels and all that, after this year I'll consider him "graduated". It is so exciting but at the same time I'm scared for him. These are such uncertain times and work in our area is so hard to find. He is still undecided about what to do. That's okay, though.

And, I gotta admit.... there is quite a bit of pressure on his father and me now. I've always said the proof of how we're really doing with raising our kids would be when we see how they do as young adults. And now, we're almost there, with one of them at least. Eek!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

August 10th, 2012, 05:42 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
It's so hard to be 18 and suddenly have to choose "what you want to be when you grow up". I don't know a single person who is doing today, what they thought they'd be doing back when they were making choices at 18. I'm sure he'll be fine.

... and you're not done yet. You know what they say, a kid knows "everything" until they hit 19, and then suddenly they realize they don't know anything at all. He'll be leaning on you more and more, I bet. (It's amazing how smart parents become after their child hits 18... so I've been told! )
August 13th, 2012, 10:23 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The only soon to be graduate in my house is me (next May I will graduate with my bachelors in elementary education), lol.

I agree with Chrystal though, your not done yet! I have a feeling he will still be 'learning' from you and leaning on you for awhile still

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search