First day of school today!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2012, 07:03 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Our first day went great! I woke the kids with a surprise breakfast of sprinkled donuts & bacon. Can't go wrong there! They usually whine and complain about getting up, but this time, they both jumped up and ran to the table.

I can't believe how hard Ben worked today, either! We usually ease into the year, but this time, we hit the ground running, and he worked all. day. long!!! He also had his first piano lesson today and learned his first (very simple) song.

Daniel's first day was today, too. His stuff only took about 30-45 minutes to finish, and he was begging for more. I didn't want to burn him (or me) out, though. He's reading like crazy. I can't wait to test him again in January to see how far he's come in a year. He's probably on a 2nd-3rd grade reading level now?? I really don't know. He jumped right into 1st grade math with no problem at all. I expect he'll finish both 1st and 2nd on IXL this year. A lot of 1st will be review for him.

Last edited by BensMom; August 13th, 2012 at 07:06 PM.
August 13th, 2012, 08:33 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's great that y'all had such a good first day!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

August 13th, 2012, 10:03 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
glad you had a good first day I start tomorrow

August 14th, 2012, 06:04 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm glad they had such a great first day!
August 17th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Eowyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First days are so much fun! We have been doing ' first days' for every new season since we started doing year-round schooling. We start our Autumn season the first week of September. I can't wait! I love that you did a special breakfast for them-I want to try that too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search