Anyone starting back after Labor Day?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 2Corinthians10:4
  • 1 Post By christianmommato3
  • 1 Post By ady's mommy
  • 1 Post By beccasmom7718
  • 1 Post By bookworm16_2000

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2012, 06:26 PM
Rochelle
Hi. I'm mostly a lurker but am curious if anyone else here is waiting until after Labor day to start back for the fall. Our first day will be September 4th. I have a 4th grader, a Kindergartener and a toddler (turning 2 tomorrow).
August 22nd, 2012, 06:39 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
We started last Monday (13th). We're doing 4th & 1st.
August 22nd, 2012, 06:40 PM
Rochelle
Ahh.. very close in age to my HS'ers
August 22nd, 2012, 07:04 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We started this Monday, my Dd is in kindy.
4hearts likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

August 22nd, 2012, 09:28 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
nope, we started back last week
4hearts likes this.

August 23rd, 2012, 03:01 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
We are. Cameron's (my 4th grader) a bit behind so he's been doing school all summer. So has Adrian (pre-k) since he just does school three times a week for about 15 minutes each day. Fritz (2nd grade) will be starting school on the 4th. Ani (9th grade) would have started back on the 4th, but she's on her way to the airport to go down to Florida with my parents. My uncle died (expected, he had cancer) and so my mom and Ani are staying with my aunt for three weeks. Ani will start school September 17th.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

August 23rd, 2012, 06:03 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
We school year round, and will actually be on a break then to prepare for/welcome our Baby Hannah
August 23rd, 2012, 07:18 AM
Rochelle
We kinda schooled this summer too. Last spring was terrible HS-wise. A lot of crazy things and then my health went downhill. Also we went on a long trip to visit family and just got back a week ago. Right now I'm supposed to stay off my feet as much as possible b/c I have mystery edema. Had more testing done and hope they'll tell me soon what's wrong with me so I can fix it and get back to cleaning this disgusting house. I'm trying so hard to get the lesson plans going. We have some catching up to do this first month from last yr and then I'm hoping to dive into the new stuff.

Heather- I'm sorry for your loss. Glad I'm not the only one waiting until September! I'm always late for things.
I'm always temped to wait until after Labor day too bc my 2 youngest kids bdays are the 21st and 23rd(today). They both have first week of school bdays, LOL.

Chantelle- Congrats on upcoming baby
August 23rd, 2012, 11:23 AM
ady's mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are officially starting back on Sept. 4th. Labor Day to Memorial Day is our school year. We do work all summer, just not all day and not all subjects. School here starts on Monday August 23rd and lots of our homeschool friends are starting that day too but I am a firm believe that summer ends only after Labor Day! Also, Ady's birthday is Sept. 1st so I have told her we will always wait until after her birthday to start school. Planning her birthday and the start of school at the same time is a big headache! She is going to be 7 and in 2nd grade.
4hearts likes this.

http://adyandme.blogspot.com/
August 23rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Super Mommy
we are starting back after the long weekend also. I was planning on starting at the begining of august, but decided september would be better.
4hearts likes this.

August 23rd, 2012, 11:59 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
We started school August 6. I'm doing a prek/k mixture with my DD. We will be going year round though, just taking breaks when we need them.
4hearts likes this.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog

Last edited by bookworm16_2000; August 23rd, 2012 at 12:01 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search