Dry erase discussion

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dkorovikov
  • 1 Post By BensMom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2012, 09:58 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I know we have had this discussion in the past about brands of dry erase markers that clean off well on laminated things and boards. I dont remember if I ever mentioned using the dry erase crayons but these things are great! They clean easily and write nice too. Just thought I would throw that out there.
August 29th, 2012, 01:19 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Really?! I was wondering about those, but I didn't want to be the first to run out and buy them. It drives me nuts that B leaves the lid off while he's thinking. They dry out so quickly. I'll have to try the crayons. Do they work on regular boards, or do you have to buy a crayon board? And what about going back and forth between crayons & markers? Do the markers still work?
August 29th, 2012, 02:46 PM
They work on all the different dry erase surfaces that we have with no problems and on my calendar that was supposed to be dry erase friendly. The markers stained it and wont rub off, the crayons are awesome on it. I dont know about going back and forth, I use them too lol!! No more markers fpr us. Target had some on clearance back in the school supplies. I got a 12 pack for $3.
August 29th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Regular
I bought my dry erase crayons last year when the school supplies were on clearance at Staples. My girls love them and they don't leave a mess.

Nancy
August 29th, 2012, 04:00 PM
*sold!* I'm going to get some next time I'm at walmart. We use lots of markers around here!
August 29th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thanks for the info. i just bought a dry erase calendar poster and i was going to use dry erase markers but ive had them stain things in the past so im glad to hear that the crayons work better.
is there a specific brand i should look for?
DD born 1/3/12

August 29th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Crayola are the only ones I know about. Not sure if there are other brands or not.
August 29th, 2012, 05:52 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I let my toddler use the Crayola dry erase crayons all the time! It comes off so easily of a lot of surfaces that really aren't meant for crayons. My husband and I use them to leave colorful notes to each other on the glass of a picture frame. lol

August 30th, 2012, 09:04 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I'm going to try those! I've been leery about then b/c the Crayola brand dry erase markers ruined my board and were so crappy.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

August 30th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Eowyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oooh thanks for the tip! the markers are so expensive and my 3 yr old is always leaving the tops off and they dry out! grr!
August 30th, 2012, 02:34 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I'm excited to hear this too- I can't stand the smell of white board markers. If you have stained laminated things, try the Expo dry erase cleaner. I was able to save a few things that way when I was teaching, including a white board that had been written on with permanent marker.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
September 3rd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Just got home from walmart, unloaded the fridge stuff, and started messing with my (ahem... their) new dry-erase crayons before even unloading the pantry stuff.
ultrarun71 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search