Driver's Ed

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2012, 01:52 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
For those who aren't driving yet, do you plan to teach your kids yoruself, put them in a driving class, or a little of both?
October 21st, 2012, 06:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am making dh do it. The very thought of any of the kids driving makes me cringe. I assume they will take Driver's Ed somewhere as well, but that is just a small chunk of the practice time they'll need.
October 21st, 2012, 07:27 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I'm not certain, but I THINK an official course is required in TX. The kids will probably do a course, but I'll be teaching them as well. I have waaaaaaaaaaaay more patience than dh!!
October 21st, 2012, 08:18 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
I know how to drive, but I can't legally do it, since I can't actually get a license. So I can't really take them out on any road to learn. But I am pretty sure in this state in order to get their temps at 15, you have to go through driver's ed. I could be wrong, I've honestly not looked into it very much and the rules change frequently here. I had my temps, actually three different times, but I was over 18 each time and driver's ed isn't required over 18.

My mom will probably help them, or their pawpaw. He's a super patient guy. Doubt their father would, and it's not something I'd ever ask him to do anyway. He's not patient whatsoever, with anyone, or anything.
October 22nd, 2012, 03:00 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
I will probably have them take a driving course to learn everything, then i will take them out to practice, but driving is something i think would be less stressful for everyone if they learned from a stranger

October 22nd, 2012, 06:22 AM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Personally I wish more kids HAD to take driver's ed from someone they weren't related to, or even knew. But then I also wish that driver's ed enforced just how important the privilege of driving really is and how people NEED to take it more seriously. I also think it should last longer than it does, should cover more, you get my drift.
Of course most adults could use that course too. I'm also speaking as someone who will never have that privilege and it really sucks to see so many people piddle it away as if it's no big deal simply because they can.

I should step off my soapbox, that's one huge hot button issue for me, lol.
October 23rd, 2012, 07:10 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
It will probably be a combination of a course and us, well, probably more DH than me.
October 25th, 2012, 06:08 AM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
We will be enrolling our kids in Drivers Ed, but in order to get a liscense they have to do several road tests with both me and DH (who is a commercial driver and super picky).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search