A Cyber-Shower for Teresa (wannabesupermom)!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2006, 05:17 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
OK, I figure that when a friend of mine has a new baby, I like to throw her a shower. However, that's a little difficult for us here at JM, seeing as how we live all spread out all over everywhere! SO, we're having a CYBER SHOWER for Teresa who (for those of you who have just joined us) just had a little baby boy named Leo!!

*pours punch, cuts everyone a big slice of cyber cake in whatever flavor Teresa would have chosen if we were having a real-life shower*

So, since there are always presents at a baby shower, I'll start with what I would give to Heather and her new baby if we were able to have a real shower for her. Then, everyone else can join in and give a cyber-present to her!

*hands Teresa a cyber-gift bag with little marching soldiers on it*

Now, I know that I've given this present to both of the other new mom's at THEIR cyber-showers, but I think that it's something that's universal in it's appeal, so here's one for you, Teresa! I have either a gift certificate for you and your husband's favorite restaurant so that you can go on a date. (This would also include a night of babysitting provided by moi!) Or, you can choose a gift certificate for a massage and pedicure at a local spa. Every new mom (even if it's not your first child) should have either a spa treatment or a date!

For Leo, I've got a set of sippy cups and a toddler plate and toddler utensils - I like to give gifts that they can use when they're older! There is also a book called "My First Book of Trucks".

OK, who's next?

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

July 25th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine is the same as the other two as well. It's just my "thing". So, your gift would be a hand crocheted baby afghan, probably done in blues. Here's a pic of my ds with his favorite done in reds. And I like to make the cake, too. (Not necessarily a horse, but whatever the theme of the shower is....or whatever the baby's room theme is.)
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

July 25th, 2006, 02:57 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Are you gals trying to tell me something????

Do you miss me? I have been crazy lately, lol. You gals are so sweet. Do you realize I have never had a baby shower? That was really sweet of you. Thanks.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
July 25th, 2006, 02:59 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
And handing over the therd girst basket to Teresa.

Teresa, here is a 'good night' gift basket with a few little necesaties for a good nights sleep. (Untill that 2am feed anyhow!) So there is a botte of 'good nights lavander baby bath' to relax Leo some almond oil to give him an after bath massage to make him very sleepy, a tube of Amalin baby cream which is very good for red bottums (wasn't sure you had that so I put that in to.) And a miracle baby wrap to keep him sleeping peacfuly. Then just for you is a bottle of some nice foot massage moisture milk from the 'body shop' for your husband to give you a foot massage with. Enjoy!

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search