FINALLY back!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BensMom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2012, 07:49 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Done, done, DONE with work until January! When you're in sales, especially with children's products, Fall is a crazy time of year. I sold 70% of the year's total sales over the past 10 weeks! Sheesh!

I'm ready to get back in the swing of things around here. Sooooo.......

What's going on with all of you? Are you taking any winter breaks? Traveling? Teaching any holiday around the world units?
Countrymom4 likes this.
December 10th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Welcome home, We will take a break for Christmas the week of Christmas

December 10th, 2012, 06:55 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
You were missed! It was obvious how much you keep this board going when you were gone!

Instead of summer break, we take a break from Thanksgiving till New Year. We spend the time focusing on scripture for Advent and do lots of crafts. My kids don't totally "get" the concept of the break (I just sort of did it willy nilly last year, and made it official this year). They keep asking to "do school" which is why I have so many crafts to do, just to keep them from getting bored. So far, we've made Jesse Tree ornaments, Christmas bells (from mini flower pots), an Advent Calendar, and we color a picture related to our scripture reading whenever they are looking for something else to do. I didn't realize how fast they were going to run through all of their activities. I think I only have like 3-4 activities left to do out of the supplies that I bought, so I probably need to come up with a 2-4 more ideas if anyone has any, lol! My kids are destructive when they are bored and I'm trying so hard not to let that happen!

December 10th, 2012, 07:45 AM
We'll be traveling to AR to visit my family for Christmas, but otherwise, we're still doing school work. This week is all about scrubbing the house from top to bottom ... I've been neglecting housework while I've been working. UGH!
December 10th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
We're taking a light work break until next week. Then we take off completely until after the new year.
We already did celebrations from around the world. We started that in November and finished it pretty quickly.
We have lots of crafts to do and some service projects we've done, and will do.

I've been busy working a bit more too, expecting that to slow down here shortly and won't pick back up until about February.
December 11th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Veteran
Yeah .. the board almost grinds to a halt without you. Welcome back!

We don't exactly do Christmas so I am unaffected by the season but we are moving to Cambodia in March and we are working on getting rid of most of our belongings and sorting the rest into what is going and what is being stored here with family. Additionally, I've been working on a realistic plan for homeschooling for the rest of this year and all of next year. Prayers appreciated!

Last edited by The Studious Mrs P.; December 11th, 2012 at 12:43 PM.
December 11th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Wow!! Big move!! Can I be nosey? Why are you moving? Is it permanent or temporary? Are you still going to HS?
December 11th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by BensMom View Post
Wow!! Big move!! Can I be nosey? Why are you moving? Is it permanent or temporary? Are you still going to HS?
Definitely homeschooling. DH is going to be teaching over there and we intend to stay as long as we're able but we'll be taking it year by year.
December 11th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Very cool!
December 17th, 2012, 07:13 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
We've been doing a lighter version of school for the past week or so, and after tomorrow we will be finished until after new years. We've been doing some Christmas crafts, and I have lots more planned for this week.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search