If you do gifts, what are they getting?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2012, 07:57 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
What are your kids getting if you do gifts? Do you have any traditions about the amount or types of gifts to give? Do you stick to a gift count or budget? Do you do stockings?
December 17th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
We do whatever fits in the budget. But the amount is pretty much always even, it just works out that way though it's not intentional, lol.

They don't get any high ticket items or anything expensive, they never have and never will unless someone makes me rich But they get some stuff they need and some they want. To be honest I can't remember everything I've gotten so far, it's been tucked away in a closet for a while now. I buy year round, when I can afford an extra thing or two here and there. Not because I want them to have tons of stuff. It's just easier this way. Plus most of the stuff is little stuff anyway.

We always do stockings too. Those have fruit and nuts in the bottom, candy and whatever other small items on top, new toothbrushes and toothpaste, chapstick and usually warm fuzzy socks at the very top. Leo has a fascination with toe socks lately, so, he'll probably get those. Lissy loves anything overly colorful that doesn't match(I have no clue why she's obsessed with not matching). Alexis just loves those warm fuzzy ones. They may all 3 get fuzzy toe socks, who knows, lol. I haven't gotten those yet. Actually the kids and I are going to make their stockings later today, well decorate them anyway. I can't figure out what happened to their old ones. I think someone accidentally either donated or threw them away.
December 18th, 2012, 05:48 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
We try to get

Something they want
Something they need
Something to wear
Something to read

Our budget is always very small. If I was smart, I would shop ahead of time. I seem to get really lucky. This year, the main thing my 8r old asked for was an American Girl doll. Those can be pricey, but I really lucked out and got one for SUPER cheap. But that is still her main gift. She asked for some things that I feel aren't age appropriate, like a tablet and an ipod touch. Both are out of our price range and will have to wait till she's older.

The others are so little still little and super easy to please. Honestly, we haven't purchased their gifts yet. We'll buy them on amazon today. I think we'll get our 2 yr old a leapster (he loves the older kid's leapsters) and my 3 yr old will probably get a bunch of legos. We are thinking of getting the kids a combined gift of a train/lego table.

Last edited by therevslady; December 18th, 2012 at 05:52 AM.
December 18th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
We get whatever we for them. Ani's getting I am SHER Locked panamas and a pillow pet. Cameron is getting a bluetooth headset for listening to audiobooks on his Fire and a couple audiobooks. Fritz is getting pajamas, a pillow pet, and Clue. Adrian is getting pajamas, Lincoln Logs, and some cheese (he loves cheese).

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

December 18th, 2012, 02:37 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I have to laugh at the cheese. Daniel asked for candy canes last year, so that's what he got!

We buy things throughout the year when we see a good deal. We don't count the number of gifts or the amount spent per child. We just get whatever. Daniel's getting books, legos, a board game, a bell for his bike (stocking), a DVD, an origami kit, and shirts. Ben's getting several books, a new Bible, legos (sets under the tree and minifigs in the stocking), shirts, and a puzzle.

Last edited by BensMom; December 18th, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
December 18th, 2012, 04:14 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
We do the something they want, something they need, something to wear, and something to read. I don't do stockings and we stick to number of gifts between kids being equal. They're too little to understand cost yet. This year the want is a game for Allison and a set of cars for JR, the need is Horizons math for Allison and onesies and pants for JR, the wear is a shirt for Allison and PJ's for JR, and the read is a Bearenstein Bears collection for Allison and a set of Indestructible Books for JR.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
December 18th, 2012, 04:41 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
We try to keep it fairly even between the oldest two, but not the younger ones yet since they won't notice. Alyssa and Rylan are getting tablets, they're a bit young but I found a kid friendly modifier and it will mean they stop bugging for mine lol. They're also getting cameras, bike helmets, and a few other small things. Hannah and Sophia are getting a few small toys, and Sophia is getting a little people set. Everyone gets stockings too. We shop year round so it really doesn't cost too much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search