Who does the maintenance in your family?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2013, 08:51 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
When it comes to things that require a ladder, lawnmower, toolbox, chemicals or heavy lifting, who does it most of the time?

What about the routine stuff inside like changing filters in the fridge or air?

What about the car(s)? Who takes it in for an oil change (or does it themselves)?
January 27th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
When it comes to things that require a ladder, lawnmower, toolbox, chemicals or heavy lifting, who does it most of the time? I do, and the kids help

What about the routine stuff inside like changing filters in the fridge or air? I do

What about the car(s)? Who takes it in for an oil change (or does it themselves)? Not really applicable here. But I CAN do the maintenance on a car.
January 27th, 2013, 01:41 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For everything in our house we call maintenance since we live in military housing

Dh takes care of our car.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

January 27th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
When it comes to things that require a ladder, lawnmower, toolbox, chemicals or heavy lifting, who does it most of the time? DH

What about the routine stuff inside like changing filters in the fridge or air? usually me, because i notice it needs to be done first, but dh has done it before too

What about the car(s)? Who takes it in for an oil change (or does it themselves)?
Dh

January 27th, 2013, 05:16 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Both of us, for all of the above. Carpentry type stuff is usually me though, since I have experience as a carpenter's apprentice.
January 27th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH does most of this. i sometimes take the car in for maintenance but DH sometimes does it at home
DD born 1/3/12

January 28th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Jamie or my dad.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

January 28th, 2013, 12:58 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
When it comes to things that require a ladder, lawnmower, toolbox, chemicals or heavy lifting, who does it most of the time? It depends. My husband has Parkinson's-like disease and bad tremors. If it's something risky with his tremors, or that will make his tremors worse, then I do it. I do anything that involves a ladder (he's afraid of heights which makes his tremors worse), I use the lawn mower bc he can't, but he trims the bushes, we use tools 50/50 depending on who's inspired, lol, we heavy lift together, etc.

What about the routine stuff inside like changing filters in the fridge or air? Ha- we are terrible home owners and haven't looked into doing this yet....

We do this 50/50 as well.

January 29th, 2013, 08:52 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
DH does all of those type things. I am better at the cleaning!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
February 7th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Regular
When it comes to things that require a ladder, lawnmower, toolbox, chemicals or heavy lifting, who does it most of the time? That is mainly me, but I count mowing the lawn as a hobby.

What about the routine stuff inside like changing filters in the fridge or air? That is my husband, but I remind him that it needs to get done.

What about the car(s)? Who takes it in for an oil change (or does it themselves)? I take my car for all its maintenance, but my husband takes his for an oil change.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search