Winter Promise

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
http://winterpromise.com/

Here's the link for Winter Promise curriculum. It seems to be similar to Sonlight but with more hands-on activities and a Charlotte-Mason feel.

I'm planning to try out the Language Arts 5/Ancient History for Evan.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
July 27th, 2006, 08:57 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad you posted this!

I have been struggling with this for quite sometime. When you're so new to homeschooling, finding a curriculum makes you (at leastme) feel so STUPID!

Anyway, my problem is this; we just moved across the country (CA to VA) to a place I'd never been to until I stepped out of the airport 4 weeks ago. We are currently staying in my Dad's finished attic until we find a place (hopefully tomorrow!). 15 hours before said plane took off, my youngest daughter was diagnosed with having a mass on her spine. With all of this going on, I really haven't had the opportunities to learn about the different curriculums- and I'm so scared I'm going to do my baby wrong. Anyway, is it ok if I just get a "1st Grade in a box" type thing just for this year? I was thinking of WinterPromise, but I dn't know a whole lot about it, like from experienced HSers. I wanted a christian curriculum. Any help??

</div>
July 27th, 2006, 10:41 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Heres a review about it http://www.homeschoolreviews.com/reviews/c...ews.aspx?id=201

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
July 28th, 2006, 07:07 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
GREAT! Thank you!

</div>
July 29th, 2006, 08:06 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Thanks for the link.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
August 1st, 2006, 09:05 AM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just posted about this curriculum in my intor.

I'm really confused by their themed studies. WHat do you use for grade 2 if your read all those books in grade one and so on?
Also is this program really any cheaper than SL? the themed prgram for 3rd grade is $359, then you still have to add LA and math to that?
August 1st, 2006, 03:11 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think if you for example buy 'Animals and Their Worlds' for first grade then by the end of the year you have done it.It's finished. Then for second grade you would have to buy another, probably 'The American Story I' as each one is only a one year program. LA is included. If you go to there site map and click on second grade it says the basic LA resourses are included with the books. There is only one optional resourse listed 'Grammar Rock CD for Windows' and that does not come with the package. It says quote- 'The "BASIC RESOURCES" listed above come packaged with these readers for Animals and Their Worlds for $129' Although I just saw on another page it says quote- 'Program for 2nd Grade & Up - Item # AWE - A $390 Value for $339' so now I'm confused too! I'm thinking thats got other books for science listed there....
Maths is not included as many people already have there own maths programe and wouldn't want Saxon.
I think I would be emailing them for clarification you want to know exactly what you are getting.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
August 1st, 2006, 09:29 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I *think* for the second grade curriculum it is the $390 for the American story themed set and then another $129 for the LA. Pretty pricey. I think I may be sticking with Oak Meadows tehy have the pay by month thing over there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search