Taking time off?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 05:48 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Do you have today off (President's Day)? Do you have a spring break planned?
February 18th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
We're off today. We're off for all federal holidays since my husband works for the government. Of course he had to work part of the day anyway, but we're still off. We're not having a spring break exactly. We're spending a month in Ireland and the UK visiting family.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

February 18th, 2013, 06:41 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
We're in Canada, so we don't celebrate President's Day. We will be taking a break in March though, it's also when we "unofficially" move up grades (since we started homeschool in March).
February 18th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Nope we didn't take today off, but we are done for the day.

I have surgery on Thursday so we won't be doing anything Thursday or Friday. Not sure about next week, we'll see how I'm doing/feeling then.

I have another surgery coming up but it's not scheduled yet. That one will be more invasive and I'll need at least a week off, if not more. So we may save our Spring Break for then, depending on when I end up having to go in.
February 18th, 2013, 12:50 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
We were planning to take a spring break in late march, but this week is so insane for us that we're taking this week of instead.
February 18th, 2013, 12:52 PM
UniqueHandle's Avatar Veteran
We are off today because of Presidents day.

My son had to have emergency surgery last week so, I would have let him have today off anyway.
February 18th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Regular
We didn't take today off, because we took 3 days off last week. We all caught a virus, so we just played games and watched movies for 3 days.

We are taking what I call a homeschool vacation for the entire month of March. We will still do some school work, but only 1 to 2 hours worth most days. Mainly the girls will be writing papers. We are going to Hawaii for three weeks and spending the last week with my parents in Ohio for Easter. We also have a field trip week planned the 1st week of May.
February 18th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we did not take off today but it is winter break for public schools here and some local places are offering camps this week. DS will be attending a camp for a couple of days at the end of the week for art and sports. i dont plan to take off for spring break. we are behind on days right now so we cant take off too much time
DD born 1/3/12

February 19th, 2013, 10:53 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
We didn't take off President's Day because DH went to work. We aren't planning on taking a Spring Break since Allison loves school and rarely lets me take time off!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search