What is a typical MONDAY like for you?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LABs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 06:26 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Do you dread Mondays or love them? What does Monday look like in your house?
March 25th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Monday is ok. We get up, have breakfast, I tell the girls to get out their math books and they look at me like I'm crazy for suggesting such a thing! Same as every day. They are surprised every day that I expect them to do school work! They do the math and assume they are done. I have no clue why as they know they have science, history and English left! Some days they have research topics to look up online.

Repeat this experience for the rest of the week!
LeedaRenee likes this.

March 25th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
I'm usually already awake and working, having not gone to bed, when they get up. The kids get up whenever they feel like it and get breakfast. They get to work on stuff they can do by themselves, which is surprisingly quite a bit. I help and instruct where needed. At some point, we work on Science, which is all done together. Usually by the time lunch rolls around, their work is done and they have the afternoon to do whatever they want. Unless of course we have something that requires more work or something. In that case we do it after lunch. Sometimes our Science lessons are done like that.
They have whatever is left of the afternoon and evening to do whatever they want. Usually, they spend it outside. After dinner and before bed, they have to get the stuff ready for the next day. This way, when they're tired, and probably don't really want to do work in the morning, it's already set out for them, saving them some steps.
We watch movies, listen to music, play games, etc...until bedtime. They go to bed whenever they get tired. They did have a bedtime, but something interrupted that a while back. Now we've gotten used to "sleep when you're tired, be awake, up and about, when you're not". It's working quite well for us, despite what people might think of it, lol.

During the day when I'm not helping them, I'm usually working, or doing household stuff. Depends entirely on the day. No two days are ever the same in this house, lol.
March 25th, 2013, 05:03 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Mondays are usually pretty good days. Today was typical: morning routine and animal chores, breakfast and clean up, Math and English while the little girls are all over; meanwhile I'm also doing the day's laundry and/or housework. Lunch break and clean up, then finish school with the kindergartener and the 3rd grader; the older kids do science together and then school is done. We have afternoon chores (today was splitting wood to fill the wood box, more animal chores, and cleaning house, wrapping up laundry). Then about an hour to start dinner and then relax, then the kids watch some Netflix while I go to Zumba class. When I get back we tidy house, eat dinner, clean up, and then start the bedtime routines. Prayers, talk to dad on the phone, everybody to bed. Then I finish my evening routine; I close up the kitchen, write out the to-do lists for tomorrow, do what I do in the bathroom and then go to bed to either read, use the computer, or go to sleep.

That's pretty much our daily routine for school days. It will be different when DH finally makes it home and we can have a break!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

March 27th, 2013, 04:07 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Mondays are great here! Allison wakes up and asks to start school (like every day!). I tell her we can and go get her books. We start up by 7:30 and I cut her off at 9, so I can get some housework and errands done before 11. At 11 we have lunch, so we can get ready for the park with our homeschool group for some playtime/excercise/fun time.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
March 27th, 2013, 07:15 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
For now, we're doing vision therapy on Mondays again, but we don't usually (that'll end in June). Monday begins with breakfast and the kids gathering/sorting their laundry. They do most of their laundry on their own (I have to reach down to the bottom of the washer to get things out, and I sometimes hang, but they do the sort/wash/dry/fold part.) After laundry is started, we either start a very full day of school (our longest day of the week), or we go to vision therapy, followed by groceries, followed by a 1/2 day of school in the afternoon.
March 29th, 2013, 04:51 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Mondays are just like every other day here for the most part. They get up and have breakfast, then go get dressed, make their beds, and brush hair and teeth while I nurse Hannah and get Sophia dressed. We usually start school at about 9:30, break for a snack at 10:30, finish up and have lunch around 1. I work on getting the youngest two down for a nap, and then the older two and I spend about an hour cleaning up. The rest of the day they spend how they want to (unless we have errands or something to do). I clean up some more and start supper. We have supper, and then head to skating lessons (although this will end in a couple of weeks). If I happen to be working on a Monday, it's the same routine, but with DH instead of me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search