Food!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 07:19 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Does your family eat breakfast? If so, what's the usual?

Do you think your family eats healthier than those who are rushing off to school/work each morning?

Do you usually cook from scratch (meats, veggies, etc.), cook from pre-packaged foods (hamburger helper, frozen pizza), or order out?
May 1st, 2013, 01:46 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Does your family eat breakfast? If so, what's the usual? They eat whatever they want when they get up. Unless I cook breakfast, in which case they eat whatever I cooked when they get up, lol. There isn't really a usual around here.

Do you think your family eats healthier than those who are rushing off to school/work each morning? Not really. Breakfast has pretty much always been the same around here. Having to go to work or school, wouldn't prevent someone from eating healthy. Being unwilling to, would.

Do you usually cook from scratch (meats, veggies, etc.), cook from pre-packaged foods (hamburger helper, frozen pizza), or order out? Primarily I cook from scratch. Rarely ever take out(like couple times a year, tops). Some pre-packaged too, depending on what it is.
May 1st, 2013, 03:43 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Does your family eat breakfast? If so, what's the usual? yes, usually something light, cereal, fruits, smooties, yogurt are usual stuff for us

Do you think your family eats healthier than those who are rushing off to school/work each morning?
i do think we eat healthier than most people, but i dont think not rushing around has anything to do with it

Do you usually cook from scratch (meats, veggies, etc.), cook from pre-packaged foods (hamburger helper, frozen pizza), or order out? I generally cook from scratch

May 1st, 2013, 08:03 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Does your family eat breakfast? If so, what's the usual? Yep, my daughter is starving by breakfast! She likes yogurt, smoothies, and oatmeal.

Do you think your family eats healthier than those who are rushing off to school/work each morning? I think we eat pretty healthy because it's what we like to do. We usually do have someplace to be rushing off to in the mornings, it's just not school/work!

Do you usually cook from scratch (meats, veggies, etc.), cook from pre-packaged foods (hamburger helper, frozen pizza), or order out? I cook from scratch because of Allison's allergies. Take out isn't an option in the boonies- no one delivers and it's 30+ minutes to town!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
May 1st, 2013, 08:06 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For breakfast we have green juice. Usually kale, cucumber, apples, lemon, romaine and pears. The kids have eggs, oatmeal, toast or cereal.

I think eathing healthier is easier since we are home. I work from home and DH works part time second shift.

We pretty much cook from scratch for three meals a day. We eat about 80% veggies, fruits, beans and nuts/seeds. The other 20% animal protein.
May 1st, 2013, 08:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Does your family eat breakfast? If so, what's the usual? It really depends. I was going through a blender pancake phase before getting pg. Now its eggs and toast or cereal.

Do you think your family eats healthier than those who are rushing off to school/work each morning? I think we are average in comparison to our friends.

Do you usually cook from scratch (meats, veggies, etc.), cook from pre-packaged foods (hamburger helper, frozen pizza), or order out? I usually cook from scratch. Never from pkg things like hamburger helper. We do go to restaurants because my DH loves it! I've been doing more eating out or drive through then I'd like to this pg. I am very picky about what places we go to though. My kids have neverr been to McDonalds or Burger King for example. I've been too sick to do much! I hope to get back to normal food routines when I get out of the first trimester twin sickness and exhaustion. I'm barely functioning!

May 2nd, 2013, 05:56 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Does your family eat breakfast? If so, what's the usual? always eat breakfast, usually oatmeal with fruit, nuts, or whatever we have that can be put in oatmeal. On days we're not "doing school" we might cook something different. A couple times a month the kids eat cold cereal.

Do you think your family eats healthier than those who are rushing off to school/work each morning? maybe?

Do you usually cook from scratch (meats, veggies, etc.), cook from pre-packaged foods (hamburger helper, frozen pizza), or order out? Our dinners are almost always from scratch. I will buy frozen pizzas or canned chili sometimes. The closest fast food is literally 40 miles away; that is something we have only a few times a year.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 3rd, 2013, 05:50 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your family eat breakfast? If so, what's the usual?
the kids always eat breakfast, usually cereal and yogurt. We sometimes have eggs. I honestly dont know if my DH eats breakfast most days because he works from home and is off in his office before we get downstairs. I usually dont see him until lunchtime so I assume he eats something for breakfast. I sometimes eat breakfast but usually I dont. Im always running everywhere feeding the kids, taking care of the baby, etc.

I think we eat more healthy than most in general but not really because of staying at home.

Do you usually cook from scratch (meats, veggies, etc.), cook from pre-packaged foods (hamburger helper, frozen pizza), or order out?
Usually we cook from scratch, we eat prepackaged at times but its not the norm. Usually we eat out once a week. The majority of our meals are vegetarian also.
DD born 1/3/12

May 4th, 2013, 12:08 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Does your family eat breakfast? If so, what's the usual? Cereal, toast, waffles, granola bars, fruit, eggs, there really isn't a usual lol.

Do you think your family eats healthier than those who are rushing off to school/work each morning? We eat healthy, but that's just our choice. I think we would eat healthy regardless.

Do you usually cook from scratch (meats, veggies, etc.), cook from pre-packaged foods (hamburger helper, frozen pizza), or order out? I usually cook from scratch, about once a week I cook something easy, we rarely order out.
May 4th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We do eat breakfast, usually cereal, either hot or cold, and a glass of orange juice.

We do eat healthier than most, regardless of if they are rushing places in the mornings or not. We eat mostly whole/fresh foods, which means we aren't eating much in the way of anything processed. Even cold cereals are home made when I have the time (and I am picky about the ones I buy whent hey are store bought). We would eat the same way even if we were going places in the mornings though, as DH goes to work in the mornings and we get our breakfast regardless of what time he has to be at work.

I cook pretty much 100% from scratch, because it is the only way that I guarantee I've avoided all allergens. There are too many in this house to do anything otherwise. I find we are healthier for it anyway, because I start with whole foods for the most part.
May 11th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Regular
Does your family eat breakfast? If so, what's the usual? Cereal mainly, but I do make something from scratch a couple times a week. I make homemade scones or crepes often.

Do you think your family eats healthier than those who are rushing off to school/work each morning? No, we still mainly eat cereal or bread type item in the morning like most families. The girls snack on fruits throughout the day.

Do you usually cook from scratch (meats, veggies, etc.), cook from pre-packaged foods (hamburger helper, frozen pizza), or order out? Both, I love to cook from scratch, but at least twice a week we eat something prepackaged for dinner or frozen. I hate to eat out and feel that homemade dinners are healthier and taste better. I make a wonderful homemade pizza from scratch, the dough and sauce are my own recipes. We rarely order pizza. My girls love to help in the kitchen and I have a husband that does the dishes, so cooking isn't a stressful task for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search