Preschool Projects

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2013, 08:44 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I have decided to wait on kindergarten until my DD has reached the age she would be if she was attending a brick and mortar school which puts her close to 6. She will be 3 in November however and I would like to do some fun unschooling type projects with her as well as working on how to read in the meantime. We do read about 4 books a night as I am an avid reader and want to instill that in my kids. My DD is fairly advanced and knows her colors,shapes, can count to 10, knows most of her ABCs and can spell her own name and oddly has an obsession with anatomy since she played with an anatomy book at the drs office then found an old anatomy book of her daddys. (She says she wants to be a Dr that pushes babies out since I was pregnant with my DS lol) Anyway she knows about bones,muscles,digestive tract,brain and nerves and heart,blood and veins and other organs all that she has picked up with her current obsession with wanting to be a Dr. So I want to continue that passion of hers obviously. So are there any fun projects you can think of trying?

September 16th, 2013, 10:54 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're making our own tactile alphabet at the moment. It is tons of fun. We just paste a couple of pictures of items my sons like on each page, write the words, make a large touchy upper and lower case -- and because we are odd add the nato alphabet word and Morse code for each letter

On Anatomy : My sons loved the anatomy model where you take out the heart, liver etc and put it all back together - of course it does have small parts. We also like:
See Inside Your Body (Usborne Flap Books)
Inside Your Outside! (The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library, Book 10)

And the Magic School Bus books and dvd's about the human body.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search