Looking for information on Homeschooling a 7th grader

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HI! My name is Kris.

I've been interested in homeschooling my daughter Lucy for a couple of years now. She is very smart -most likely gifted but she has a vision disability where her eyes don't work together. We've done 2 rounds of very expensive vision therapy which help but she still struggles with school. If she doesn't have to read or can take her time, she understand everything. But she can't keep up with the pace and the other kids are picking on her.

I'm looking for homeschool resources. Is there anything online where it's taped instructer lessons instead of all reading? I know that would be more expensive but I'm ok with that. Both dh & I work full-time so we can't teach her even though both of us would be qualified. I've found an option where she won't be alone but the person is qualified to support but not to teach.

I live in Illinois and have just started to research but it seems Illinois has very little to say about homeschooling. That's great because we have the freedom to focus on the things she struggles with and spend less time on the things she picks up quickly.

Thanks!!!!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
October 31st, 2013, 06:31 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Khan Academy for math & science (free)
Books | Lit2Go ETC for literature (free)
Classical Academic Press for Latin/Greek/Spanish (DVD instruction with workbook, computer games, etc. as well) (purchase)
Spelling & Vocabulary Website: SpellingCity for spelling, vocab, and grammar (free or paid versions)
WordlyWise3000.com — Vocabulary Reinforcement for All for vocab (free)
Sheppard Software: Fun free online learning games and activities for kids. (free) all subjects & all levels of games and tutorials
Welcome to the Mystery of History (purchase) complete world history in 4 volumes, with optional CD to have the lessons read to you

Hope that helps!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search