teaching more than 1??

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How do you fit it all in?? This year, I'm just doing some preschool type learning with my younger 2 while doing grade 2 with my oldest, so it's not really an issue. But next year, I'm planning on beginning K with the younger 2 while doing grade 3 with my oldest. I'm not sure how that's going to work. Do I do all K before lunch and then all 3rd after lunch? Do I mix it up, some K some 3rd before and after lunch til it's done? How does everyone else do it? I know, I just started this year and I'm already worrying about next year. LOL
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

August 16th, 2006, 07:27 AM
machris's Avatar Veteran
I'm with you

I have no idea how we are going to do it. I'm trying ot to worry about it too much

M-A

August 16th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
There are several curriculums that can be shared by more than one grade level. That is what we are going to try to do this year. We are combining a bunch of stuff from Sonlight, but they will still do some things separately like Math. I don't know how well it will work yet. I'll have to let you know. I am worried about trying to add in my younger children when they get to be a bit bigger. Homeschooling 4 at once seems a bit scary.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
August 16th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Phoenix Rising's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can send you a copy of my schedule if it helps any... I am schooling a 1st, 3rd and 9th

My best advice is to double up any classes that you possibly can like geography, science and history and then adjust the actual work to suit each child.

In your situation in particular, i would just get some fun worksheets to do for the K while you teach your other child and then spend time reading etc. later on... you will be amazed what your K will learn from your older child. Trust me - my daughter skipped K all together and now that she is in gr. 1 she is at least a year ahead.
August 16th, 2006, 03:07 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
We have 4 we are homeschooling this year. I do reading together with two of mine. Then I do my younger twos reading seperately. I do each of my kids math seperately. I do science and history together with my older two and my younger two just sit in and listen. They may get a coloring sheet or something to go with it. Writing they do by themselves and we are not doing a formal spelling program this year. We are just doing spelling through writing.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
August 16th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine work all together....5th, 2nd and 3rd. I have them all at a table together, so it is easy to go from one to the other helping. I try to work it out so that when one is on a one on one subject the others are on something that doesn't require me very much. Sometimes more than one of them needs me...then they just have to wait and be patient. Sometimes they learn what I am teaching the older one .
In the afternoon, I teach them Social Studies and Science together. I gear some of it towards the older one and some towards the younger ones. It all works out .
Good luck...it will work out! They are close enough in age.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search