Back for good now

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to beccasmom Send a message via Yahoo to beccasmom
Hey everyone...
well I am not new to this board..but I havent been here in forever!!!....I have been realyl buisy travelling the world..(LOL) not really I just got back from visiting my family in Canada...it was a great trip..flew there and took the 4day bus ride back here to NYC....it was an adventure..especially for Becca....
Well this year it looks like I am homeschooling for sure!!!...last year since Becca was only 2 most of the year and turned 3 near the end of the school year we were just playing games,doing crafts and her alphabet. This year since she is 3 going on 4, my husband and I thought that she should start learning about other things.......his first choice...sending her to headstart...Im not too keen on that idea, but we signed her up.....so far no calls back and its been a month...so today he decided that I should homeschool her....which I cant wait to do, and I prefer to do!! so I am happy..I am just TOTALLY unprepared!!!...I dont even know where to start...plus I will def. need to find her a playgroup and/or a lesson outside the home like dance or gymnastics..because she really needs to socialize.
So with only 2weeks left, I need help.....I have a ton of child educational sites and such on my favorites..but I need a place to start!..I am VERY unorganized and pretty clueless.......please help
Thank you so much

August 20th, 2006, 03:36 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and

3 going on 4 is still very young. I would keep it light and fun even if she is advanced. What you were doing before, games, craft and alphabet sounds just about perfect. That is probably what headstart would offer. If you look up a scope and sequence you will see colours, shapes, recognizing numbers and ABC's as the main goals for this age. If she can already do those things what about some fun themes? there are heaps on the net. Like frogs, space, 5 senses, butterflys etc. I make my own letter themes and use Five In A Row. Five In A Row (FIAR) is a literature unit study. basicly a manuel with lesson ideas and a list of books. You might find 'Before Five in a Row' more appropriate. many of the FIAR lesson ideas are still beyond sarah and shes coming up for 5. There are also lots of other ideas to go with books online.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search