Back in the Groove!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2006, 07:55 PM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We started back today... !
It really did feel good to be back on our schedule. It is an amazing feeling to work all summer on things and then to see it all fall in place today. The kids were excited about the first day....more than I thought they would be. They got up, made their beds, and got dressed without being told. We sat down and made out chore chart out for the week and decided on the prizes for the number of stars and such.
We had a great History lesson followed by all of the book work. This afternoon, we did Social Studies and Science. We had fun using grahm crackers and water to show how water erodes rocks. We also put water in a balloon with some lines drawn on it into the freezer so that tomorrow they can see how the frozen water expands....thus showing them how ice can cause rock damage. It was fun .
The day felt good. I only had one incident where my funloving Madison wanted to cut up a bit, distracting things. I love to laugh and enjoy school, especially Science, Social Studies and History, but not to the point of distraction from what we are doing. One little call to the principal, Jeff, and that was settled .
Anyway, the day felt GREAT!!! We had a good time and the scheduling went well.
I will post some pictures on my Blog in the morning.
August 21st, 2006, 08:13 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I love it! Have a great year Shery!

August 22nd, 2006, 07:24 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom

Yay! What a fun first day!
You always have such great ideas! (Like the water balloon thing) Where do you get them?

Oh, and I love the "Principal Jeff" thing - I may have to steal that idea! (Only I'll call MY husband, not yours...that would probably have a bigger impact on my kids! Tee hee!)

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

August 22nd, 2006, 02:11 PM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:

Yay! What a fun first day!
You always have such great ideas! (Like the water balloon thing) Where do you get them?

Oh, and I love the "Principal Jeff" thing - I may have to steal that idea! (Only I'll call MY husband, not yours...that would probably have a bigger impact on my kids! Tee hee!)[/b]
Hi Lisa,
Yes, your kids would probably respond better to their dad..haha. I don't know, though. Whatever Jeff said to Madison must have had an impact....she was totally cool today .
I get my ideas from EVERYWHERE. Some of them are coming from my "Mailbox" Science book. Others come from my new books that I bought from the little college student that came by selling books. I also get ideas from a little dollar store Science experiment book that I have. I also have a Science experiment book that belongs to my neighbor's son...got some stuff from it too . I just look everywhere until I find what I need. I will post some more of the ideas in the subforum as I use them.
Thanks for the note...and for the note on my Blog .
Have fun tomorrow.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search