please please help

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2006, 10:20 AM
ilovemy3wikids
my son is 8 mo old and is pulling ip on everything and gets mad if I'm not in the room he's in. Our kitchen is connected to living room....I can see him from the table where I do my daughters schooling~ I can't get all the work with my dd done during his naps and he isn't letting me teach her cause he screams I have special toys for school time, tried giving him fav toys, bottles everything and nothing works
August 23rd, 2006, 10:23 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I could help...but I have never had a baby and a schooler. I look forward to all the replies.

August 23rd, 2006, 10:54 AM
machris's Avatar Veteran
I'm in the same boat as you

I'm not sure I have a solution, we don't really start schooling til September 5th But I have tested out her reactions and so far, I am pretty sue we are moving to the couch to do the bulk of our work.

maybe get one of those lap tables ????

like i said I'm not sure I am any help

Mary-Ann

August 23rd, 2006, 11:54 AM
Stellaluna's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not advocating using the TV as a "babysitter"....but....when Sam was that age and I had something I really needed to get done he loved these videos I had. I think they were from a company called "Brainy Baby" and they were titled "The Left Brain" and "The Right Brain". They were very similiar to Baby Einstein type videos..lots of colors, shapes, letters and numbers along with sweet music and plenty of babies playing to look at. He would sit there mesmerized and I could get what I needed to get done done.

Just a thought .

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Homeschooling Mom to Sam (3-21-02)

My Photography Website

My Blog - Pollywog in a Blog</span>
August 23rd, 2006, 12:05 PM
ilovemy3wikids
thanks 4 the suggestions, doing the wok on the couch wouldn't work cause he climbs onto it and as of right now, everyhting, even paper trys to go into his mouth ( yes I've had my hands full!)! We have every baby einstein movie and he isn't interested anymore he just wants to be on the move! I am just frusterated cause my dd wants to learn and can't concentrate if babys crying It's harder with two !
August 23rd, 2006, 01:45 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
im doing what I can. Ive got a 6 yr old and a 3 yr old and a 10 mo old. Most schooling is done during nap, and what isnt, I do with baby on my lap.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

August 23rd, 2006, 01:54 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
Oh, I am sorry, that has to be frusterating for you and dd. I have a 6 yr old, 3 yr old and 11 month old (and am 5 weeks pg). But my daughter (11 months) LOVES to play with her toys while we do school work, and my youngest son will watch, join in, or play with his toys. Do you have a playpen that you could put him in, in the same room that you work in? Maybe he just wants to see you, and the playpen will help. Good luck!
August 23rd, 2006, 02:14 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear you on the dificulties. My ds can make school hell some days. At least he dosn't have that "in the same room" problem. Do you think your little one is going through some seperation anxiety? We often do our things in the kitchen as we have it gated off. Of course while I'm in there ds may be in the living room getting into mischief. If we sit and read in the living room he wants up, then down, then up then down. Or he screams because he dosn't like our book... I think?? He likes to be sat and read to when it's his books. I know he wants to be involved in our stuff but mostly I don't because he's imature for his age and has a real liking for eatting non food items like crayons and chalk. Sometimes I put him in his highchair and give him a peg puzzle, some crayons or play dough (untill he eats it) Some coloured celephane to look through (again got to watch him he dosn't chocke on it) *sigh* At 8 months my ds still liked his jolly jumper, you know those things they jump around in? He also liked his exsacuser. Of course mine didn't pull up for a few more months, so maybe your ds is too old for that now? Is he old enough for saltanas? They always keep mine quiet for a time. The other thing we do is ds plays in the backyard while we do school out on the back deck. Your little one is probably too young for that unless you can use a playpen. (maybe you could use a wooden play pen that you can put on the grass) and sit next to him. My ds loves a bit of water and some toys.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search