My Neighbor Update

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2006, 07:29 PM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In light of Mary's post below about her neighbor's, I wanted to give everyone an update on my neighbor situation. Everyone was so kind here, so wanted to share what has happened.
On Monday, just as I was getting started with our first day of homeschooling, my neighbor (Cathy) showed up at my door. When I went out to her she grabbed me and hugged me forever. She told me that she was sorry over and over for what happened between Madison and Josh. She told me that she was sorry for not apologizing sooner and that she was sorry for talking about me that day. I have never seen her admit to being sorry for anything, let alone cry about it. She said that Josh had almost come over the night before to apologize, but got scared to . I hate that he felt that way. Anyway, I brought up the drug issue. I told her that I hated her being bound by it and such. She said that she really wants to do better and get her family into church . I asked her if we could take Josh to Awana's with us every Sunday night and she said yes. I know that they will come to church at least to see him in his programs and all...and he will get to go to church some. Maybe it will get them involved.
Anyway, we discussed the fact that I didn't want my children at her house without me as long as stuff was going on. She was very receptive to that and didn't get offended. I'm telling you....God just worked it all out. I almost called over there at one point because I missed Josh and worried about him so much, but I felt that God was leading me to "wait", which I have a hard time doing often. I"m glad I did. God worked it out in His own time.
Josh came over that day as soon as he got home from school. When he came in the door, he ran right past my children and into my arms....just as I had dreamed of him doing the night before. He told me he was sorry over and over an told Madison too. I whispered all of the things into his little ear that I have been needing to say to him. It was a moment of healing for all of us.....a wonderful lesson on giving and accepting forgiveness. I told Cathy that I was sorry to for how ugly it all played out....she said they were the ones who needed forgivenss.
God is good. Now, I pray that I can stay out of it and let God tell me what to do. I want to keep enough of a relationship with Cahty that she will reach out to me if she needs me and, most importantly, so that I can be there for Josh. However, I want to do all of this without having my children form bonds with the adults in that house. You see, I can't do that task on my own...that much is obvious. It is hairy. I will have to trust God to do it through me.
Thanks to whoever hung in there through that long post. I wanted to share it with you.
Thanks for caring.
God bless you Mary...I hope it works out with your situation.
August 23rd, 2006, 08:29 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
Well, I don't really know what happened, as I am fairly new here, but I am glad everything worked out for you and that little boy, it seems like he really needs you in his life, and I am glad you are willing to do that.
August 23rd, 2006, 10:19 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is so wonderful!! PTL I have been thinking about all of you wondering how things have been going with the neighbours. Thanks so much for the udate.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
August 24th, 2006, 06:12 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
Oh, wow! God is SO GOOD!! My eyes were full of tears at this post!!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

August 24th, 2006, 07:12 AM
tevinsangel
I don't know what happened but I agree with the others...God is so good! How wonderful that God has placed you to be a bright light in these people's obvious darkness. Just a little side note, I think that missionaries are awesome people, the sacrifice they make is incredible...and I am a firm believer that each of us has a mission field literally right in our own backyard..it looks like your missionfield is right next door to you, Shery! Keep on keeping on!!

~Faith~
August 24th, 2006, 08:05 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What an awesome update! Thanks for sharing!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search