Product Reviews

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2006, 08:39 AM
tevinsangel
Ok..so this has probably been done before but I thought I'd see anyway. Do you ladies use products in your home that you have discovered and just love? It can be anything from cooking to cleaning, even home remedies or homemade products. I am always curious about this sort of stuff. For instance, we bought one of those small handheld (about the size of a tea pot) steam cleaners and I love it. I clean the bathroom with it especially and it is nice not having any residue from chemicals left behind (plus it's economical). Another thing that my mom "handed down to me" lol was cleaning the bathtub with Dawn Dish Soap...crazy sounding probably..but it works very well and again..probably not much in it that is too harmful to kiddos who like to lick the tub for some reason lol. I even go the extra step of buying the anti bacterial Dawn soap. Anyhoo....share some stuff with us! I'm a curious mom.
August 24th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Phoenix Rising's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does having a 14 year old daughter that can do chores count as a "product"? Nah, I didnt think so. Sigh.
August 24th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
LOL! My "products" don't work well around the house, but they are still new and need to be broken in.
August 24th, 2006, 03:28 PM
tevinsangel
LOL
August 24th, 2006, 03:28 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love to windex my kitchen sink....does that count?

August 24th, 2006, 04:40 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
I love OxyClean for the laundry. Soak things with stains in hot water and OxyClean until the water gets cool and then wash. It's amazing! I also LOVE the Scrubbin' Bubbles flushable toilet wipes.
Chelita - windex in the sink? I'd never thought of that! Does it make it really shiny?

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

August 25th, 2006, 07:30 AM
machris's Avatar Veteran
I windex my sink too

yeah it makes it shiny PLUS it smells clean which tells the kids and DH "don't mess with me" I mean the dish washer is right there.

M-A

August 25th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I windex my sink too! It really does make it look and smell nice. I also love to clean with bleach. I know it's clean and disinfected. And it's the only thing I have found that actually gets rid of the pee smell in the boys' bathroom! Oh, something else I love. I love those little Cascade/Dawn packets for the dishwasher! Especially the orange ones. My dishes are so clean and the dishwasher just smells so good everytime I open it after washing. I want to try one of those scrubbing bubbles 360 things for the shower, but I can't find any around here.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

August 25th, 2006, 08:42 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
Well, I know that I'M going to break out the Windex for my sink later!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

August 25th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
I windex my sink once in a while, it is a trick i learned from FlyLady
August 25th, 2006, 10:04 AM
tevinsangel
That is cool about the Windex. The house we are moving to has a stainless steel sink..so that should spiffy up nicely! My current sink is this ugly green thing.. and it's a Kohler....isnt their slogan something like.."the look of Kohler" meaning it's supposed to be really nice? lol...this one is not. Oh and I use those little orange packet dishwasher thingys..I love them!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search