Coming out of Lurkdom...

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2006, 05:15 PM
fullhouseinNov06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Everyone!

My name is Cheryl & this is our 3rd year homeschooling. I consider us homeschoolers even though we do use a charter school. I am the main teacher & we do all our studies at home. I have a 13 yo 7th/8th grader, 10 yo 5th grader, 9 yo 3rd/4th grader, 5 yo Kindergartener, & I'm pregnant with baby #5 a girl due mid November! Every year so far has been tough, a real struggle getting through it. Just so hard for me to juggle all these kids learning at so many different levels. I start our school day at 9, and I'm usually still working on school related stuff until 5 or sometimes later. I use the weekend to plan our week. I'm having so much anxiety on whether or not I'll make it through this year, especially with a new baby. I have vowed to myself to just get through this year by taking it a day at a time.

Anyways, just thought I'd come out of lurkdom and introduce myself. Are there any others on this board that are home schooling lots of kids? Any tips? Even though I've been at this for 2 years going on 3, I feel like I'm still learning.

Thanks, and I look forward to learning from you all and getting to know you better,

Cheryl

August 26th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!! I'm so glad that you decided to join us!! This is only my second year to homeschool, so I know that I still have a lot to learn too.
My children went to the public school until after the first 6 weeks of last year. We are all so much happier now...this has changed our lives!!!
I don't really have the problem that you do because my children are all so close in age....10, 8 and 7. It makes it really easy to teach them. Sometimes I am pulled in different directions, but it isn't too bad. I teach them History, Social Studies, Science and Geography together. It works well. I know, though, that there are some ladies here who relate to what you are going through. They'll be around .
It's nice to meet you.
August 26th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
This is our first year homeschooling, and I am pregnant with #4, but we will have 6. I don't really have tips on how to do it, because my kids, like Shery's, are close in age, 6, 3, and 11 months (today). I will say good luck, it does sound like a handfull, but I am SURE that it is MUCH better than public school!!! If you could find a subject or two that a couple of the kids could work on together, that might make it easier, Social Studies seems to be an all age group kind of thing, just a bit more in depth as they get older, you could cover the basics, and go a little deeper with the older children. Good Luck! and !
August 27th, 2006, 06:35 PM
tevinsangel
Hi! Welcome to the homeschool board. I'm pretty new here myself. This will be my first year homeschooling (DD is 5 yrs old). These ladies are awesome and they make you feel so welcome. I am sure that many of these veteran homeschooling moms will have great advice for you. You already have my jaw dropping at juggling the various ages that you have. I am sure you will do great!

~Faith~

Willowkarr, I just had to ask! Did you just find out you are preggo? Congrats!!! and good luck. I hope you have a safe and happy pregnancy.

P.S.
Your little emoticons for the baby dust and baby making are hilarious!
August 27th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
We found out on August 15, the day before my birthday. Thanx about the siggy, I thought it was funny.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search