I Love It!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jeff came home one day this week with a hummingbird feeder for me. It isn't the same red one that most people have. It is a heavy glass one with beautiful colors on it. It hands by a beaded wire. It is so pretty. He bought the rod iron pole to stick in the ground and hang it from. He put it RIGHT outside my kitchen window, which stays open all the time during the day, so that I could watch the hummingbirds. Well, we saw a LOT of them on it today . It's so exciting. They are so beautiful!!!!!!!! I love getting "just because" gifts. Jeff is good about giving them .
I just wanted to share!!!
August 27th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How sweet! I love hummingbirds. We have a row of cannas across the back of our house. The grow right under my kitchen window. Hummingbirds love them! I think I'm going to get some feeders this year, too.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

August 27th, 2006, 06:29 PM
tevinsangel
Wow! What a sweet guy you have. Enjoy your hummingbirds!!
August 27th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
Just wanted you to be aware of the food you are using...DO NOT use the premade stuff, make it yourself out of half sugar half water, the dyes in the premade or ready to mix can kill them, because they can not digest it. Other than that, that is awesome! I love hummingbirds, but a nasty little squirrel knocked our feeder down and broke it, so I am searching for a new one.
August 28th, 2006, 01:50 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I saw one once in my grandmother's yard. It was so sweet! It hovered in the air a few inches from my face for a few moments and then it was off. I loved it. Enjoy your little fairy birds.

August 28th, 2006, 03:02 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
How neat! We stayed in a B&B in Eureaka Springs a few years ago and they had about 10 hummingbird feeders lining their back porch. You could go out there and sit down and after a few minutes, anywhere from 20 to 50 birds would come up and start feeding. It was so neat!
We need to get a feeder because I've seen some of them around here and I'd love to encourage more!
P.S. What a neat hubbie! I love those "I was thinking about you and got this for you" gifts!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

August 28th, 2006, 03:17 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I replyed to this thread this morning, but aparantly it isn't here?

Just wanted to say how sweet that is!

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search