Check out what we have been doing!!!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
It is posted on the website (which will have a new address soon) but I will post the latest info here. I am so proud of my son!!!

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
_______
Preston really loves Math, so we have been using it as an incentive for him to do other work. He gets to try new Math problems after he finishes something else, it seems to be working so far.

We have been working on reading simple sentances.

Reading

The cat likes to sleep.

The cat likes to eat.

The cat likes to play.

The cat likes to jump.

He had some trouble with the word jump, but we are working on it. He is doing a great job of sounding the letters out to make the word.

We also have been working on letter formation, which he doesn't seem interested in, so I am not going to push it too much, but we will keep working on it.

For Math, Preston has been doing great with addition! We are using the Math-U-See program, and he is really interested in learning. We also worked on Early Multiplication! I am so proud of him.

Addition

9 + 1 = 10 Correct

6 + 4 = 10 Correct

7 + 5 = 41 Incorrect - When we get over number 11 he writes them backward, he thought the answer was 14. Something to work on.

5 + 4 = 10 Incorrect

1 + 7 = 8 Correct

8 + 3 = 11 Correct

2 + 7 = 9 Correct

0 + 10 = 10 Correct

3 + 6 = 9 Correct

1 + 4 = 5 Correct

7 + 3 = 10 Correct

2 + 2 = 4 Correct

4 = 0 = 4 Correct

0 + 7 = 7 Correct

9 + 1 = 10 Correct

0 + 7 = 8 Correct

9 + 1 = 10 Correct

3 + 2 = 5 Correct

Subtraction

*He got a little confused at first and added them, but we did them over, I am putting his second answers here, because he added them before coming to me to ask what the - sign meant.

10 - 1 = 9 Correct

8 - 3 = 5 Correct

7 - 5 = 2 Correct

6 - 4 = 2 Correct

2 - 2 = 0 Correct

9 - 0 = 9 Correct

3 - 2 = 1 Correct

1 - 1 = 0 Correct

10 - 5 = 5 Correct

3 - 0 = 3 Correct

4 - 3 = 1 Correct

2 - 2 = 0 Correct

9 - 7 = 2 Correct

3 - 1 = 2 Correct

5 - 3 = 2 Correct

7 - 4 = 3 Correct

Early Multiplication

6 x 3 = 6 + 6 + 6 = 18 Correct

4 x 2 = 4 + 4 = 8 Correct

3 x 9 = 3 + 3+ 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 72 Said Correctly, but he wrote the numbers backward, we will be working on that.

1 x 4 = 0 + 4 = 4 Correct. I had to explain why it was 0 + 4 a couple of times, but he eventually understood why.

2 x 2 = 2 + 2 = 4 Correct

2 x 5 = 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 10 Correct

7 x 2 = 7 + 7 = 14 Correct

As you can see, he is doing a great job with Math!!

Writing

We have been working on our writing, by practicing the following words:

the

dog

bat

cat

run

farm

fun

sun

Preston is doing a great job, while some of it gets tough, he is able to work through it.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________
____

Isn't that amazing! Mind you, this is the 1st grade boy, who, according to the public school, has a problem with numbers, and needs to be in an easier Math class situation...BS, he is multiplying!!!! He needs to do harder work, not easier!!!
September 1st, 2006, 08:38 AM
Phoenix Rising's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats wonderful!
September 1st, 2006, 08:41 AM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
We just got our grade 1-2 workbook in yesterday, Pret is so excited!!! I am glad he likes Math, it was my worst subject. I LOVE trig and algebra, but basic math, yucky. So today, I will have him do two other subjects before he is allowed to do his math, lol.
September 1st, 2006, 12:28 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search