Steve Erwin is dead!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2006, 10:53 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh just came home and told me so i goggled and found it in the Courier mail a large newspaper over here. Our wonderful Aussie icon is gone. http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/?from=ni_story

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
September 4th, 2006, 04:51 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I read about that a little bit ago. I was so shocked! My heart just breaks for his family.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

September 4th, 2006, 06:45 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
This makes me so sad! Back when we had cable, we LOVED his show on the Discovery Channel. I often joke that I could catch a crocodile myself - all you need is to get that top jaw rope on him and let him do his death roll, right? Then you can pick him right up! And snakes? Just grab 'em by the tail!
*sigh*
I feel like I've just found out that an old friend from high school died or something...I know that sounds corny, but, heck, one of my favorite shows that he did was the one where Bindi was born! You watch something like that and you feel like you know the people. I imagine a lot of people feel like they know him.
I feel so sad for his family.
*sigh*

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

September 4th, 2006, 08:04 AM
choshojo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is very sad, I'm going to miss the crazy bugger! And such a hardship for his wife and children.

I take a little comfort in the fact that he went out doing what he loved best, at least, and wasn't just randomly hit by a car or something. When you tempt fate that many times, everyone has to be at least somewhat prepared for potential tragedy, but he will truly be missed.

September 4th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's just terrible. What an waste..he was so young. There are so many more dangerous things that he survived. "sigh" It's so sad...his poor wife and children .
September 4th, 2006, 08:39 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was so shocked to read the news this morning. I still am! We watch Croc. Hunter all the time- have all the videos. Even when we didn't have any kids (was pg. with #1), dh and I would watch it every night. So sad . I"m praying for his family.

</div>
September 4th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Oh, how the kids are going to miss him! My 8yo has had an emotional attachment to him for years. Of course his 4yo sister joined right in!
September 4th, 2006, 09:10 PM
dreamspirals's Avatar Veteran
I loved him so much. He sure did touch a lot of lives, both human and animal, in such a short time. He lead a truly meaningful life.
September 5th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
We watched his shows all the time! We will miss him greatly! I have the Zoo's address and we will be sending cards and artwork. I am still crying, and I am sure I will cry for a while to come. Even though I never met him, I feel really close to him. I didn't believe it at first, a friend told me about this. I heard rumors about his death a couple years ago, and it was false, so I didn't believe it this time. Then I heard it on the news. Our family is heartbroken right now.

If you want the address of the Zoo here it is:
Australia Zoo
Glasshouse Mountains Tourist Rte.
Beerwah, Queensland 4519

I feel so bad for his family, but it is ironic how he died. He was shooting a film to de-myth the stingray as a killer, it is so sad.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search