Good Morning Poll!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
GOOD MORNING!!!

Here is a little good morning poll for you. Have fun!

1. When I see typewriter I think of................

2. When I hear a locust/cricket in the summertime I think of...............

3. When I see my children holding hands with their friends I think of............

4. When I hear a Michael Jackson song I think of................

5. When I see a school bus I think of...............

6. When I hear a 60's song I think of................

7. When I see a piano I think of.....................

8. When I hear myself say "because I told you to" I think of...................

9. When I see a newborn baby I think of....................

10. When I hear a plane fly over I think of........................

I know...a little lame, but it's a poll .
Have a great day!
September 6th, 2006, 08:03 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. When I see typewriter I think of................ writing stories out on my old IBM Word Processer (fancy, lol) as a kid

2. When I hear a locust/cricket in the summertime I think of...............um....summertime, lol

3. When I see my children holding hands with their friends I think of............their growing, loving hearts

4. When I hear a Michael Jackson song I think of................those poor kids he's abused (Yes, that's my opinion)

5. When I see a school bus I think of...............how thankful I am that my kids aren't on it.

6. When I hear a 60's song I think of................Singing! I love to sing folkmusic

7. When I see a piano I think of.....................playing it

8. When I hear myself say "because I told you to" I think of...................all my friends who said they'd never do that!

9. When I see a newborn baby I think of....................my babies when they were new

10. When I hear a plane fly over I think of........................I"m hard of hearing, I don't hear planes, lol

Have a great day!

You too!

</div>
September 6th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here goes:

1. When I see typewriter I think of typing my huge O & A project in college. We were just on the verge of computers taking over. How much easier it would have been with one. They didn't even have them in the college library yet. I remember that Jeff..we were in the same class....had his mom type his for him, and they did have a computer. I was so jealous. I got counted off some for things that are typical of using a typewriter, so he made better. It was so unfair because I worked so much harder than he did. I guess that was the last time I used a typewriter...thank God!

2. When I hear a locust/cricket in the summertime I think of growing up...playing outside until evening with my twin sister, Vicki. I also recall that my dad couldn't hear them. His hearing was so bad, but he couldn't hear that high pitch sound.

3. When I see my children holding hands with their friends I think of how it won't be too many more years until that will be uncalled for with them. I love the innocence of it. It makes me remember how it felt to be a little kid with a best friend.

4. When I hear a Michael Jackson song I think of my early teenage years....cheerleading camp....our dance to Beat It.

5. When I see a school bus I think of how it felt to climb the steps onto our bus. I can feel the atmosphere...hear "Old Time Rock and Roll" because that is what the bus driver played constantly.

6. When I hear a 60's song I think of my mother playing old 45's and 8 tracks on her big stereo...remember the long furniture looking ones with everything in it...the turntable, 8 track, radio, etc. I wonder what happened to that thing. She loved loved loved Elvis. I remember her crying the day he died..just like the song "1980 Something".

7. When I see a piano I think of my dad buying my twin sister and me a used piano when we started taking lessons. He is such a great daddy. I also remember how it felt to be in the room behind the stage at school taking lessons. Our piano teacher died and we never took again. My gymnastics teacher got killed too
......I guess I was bad luck!!!

8. When I hear myself say "because I told you to" I think of how many times my mom said it, of course.

9. When I see a newborn baby I think of how I just got so lost in the business of having mine that it is like they were never that little.

10. When I hear a plane fly over I think of ...well, if it is a passenger plane, I think of how much I would love to fly somewhere. Jeff and I haven't flown since we had children. It just seems easier and less expensive to drive. Now, if it is a crop duster, it takes me back to playing outside with Vicki again. We would lie on our backs on the hill in front of our house and wait for the crop dusters to fly RIGHT over us as they were making their loop...the cotton field was across the road. They wouldn't spray us or anything. They were so close that we could see the ddetails underneath the plane. That was AWSOME!!!

Okay, your turn now!!!

[quote]
1. When I see typewriter I think of................ writing stories out on my old IBM Word Processer (fancy, lol) as a kid

Oh girl, if you had a word processer as a kid that was fancy! I wish that I would have at least had that. You know, it doesn't seem so long ago that I was in college, but it is amazing how much things have changed. Just the fact that the kids actually take their laptops to class to take notes. How AWSOME. I could have kept up so much better. I can type way faster than I can write. That would have been so cool. I'm not sure how all of that clicking works, but I guess the laptop keyboards aren't as loud. Also, just being able to type papers on there...have access to the internet for things. Wow, I wonder how I ever made it without.

Thanks for answering my poll!!!
September 6th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Phoenix Rising's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. When I see typewriter I think of................
My old electric typewriter

2. When I hear a locust/cricket in the summertime I think of...............
Lying awake at night at the cottage with the windows open

3. When I see my children holding hands with their friends I think of............
Innocence

4. When I hear a Michael Jackson song I think of................
umm... Micheal Jackson? LOL

5. When I see a school bus I think of...............
How grateful I am that we are still in our jammies and homeschooling!

6. When I hear a 60's song I think of................
Dancing around my living room when I was little(er)

7. When I see a piano I think of.....................
My husband - he doesnt play often but I love it when he does!

8. When I hear myself say "because I told you to" I think of...................
OMGOSH I AM TURING INTO MY MOTHER!!!

9. When I see a newborn baby I think of....................
How much I wish we could have another one

10. When I hear a plane fly over I think of........................
"I wonder where they are going?" I have this weird thing about wondering about people... what are their lives like? Where are they going and why? What will the do there? How are they feeling/what are they thinking right now etc.

Have a great day!
September 6th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
1. When I see typewriter I think of................ My mother.

2. When I hear a locust/cricket in the summertime I think of............... Peace

3. When I see my children holding hands with their friends I think of............ I haven't seen this with their friends, but I have seen it with siblings, and I just find it adorable

4. When I hear a Michael Jackson song I think of................ The HUGE crush I had on him.

5. When I see a school bus I think of............... Those poor kids

6. When I hear a 60's song I think of................ The song...I am 22.

7. When I see a piano I think of..................... The lessons I took as a kid.

8. When I hear myself say "because I told you to" I think of................... OMG! I swore I would NEVER give that for a reason!

9. When I see a newborn baby I think of.................... I wish mine was here already!

10. When I hear a plane fly over I think of........................ Scary thoughts (I am afraid of hights)
September 6th, 2006, 02:59 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok do you want the first word that comes to mind kind of thing

1. When I see typewriter I think of................Typing

2. When I hear a locust/cricket in the summertime I think of...............heat

3. When I see my children holding hands with their friends I think of............How sweet that is.

4. When I hear a Michael Jackson song I think of................plastic surgery lol

5. When I see a school bus I think of...............kids

6. When I hear a 60's song I think of................beatles

7. When I see a piano I think of.....................practice

8. When I hear myself say "because I told you to" I think of...................my mother

9. When I see a newborn baby I think of....................Awww how precious

10. When I hear a plane fly over I think of........................watching it

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
September 6th, 2006, 03:22 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
1. When I see typewriter I think of................sitting at my dad's desk and playing with his typewriter

2. When I hear a locust/cricket in the summertime I think of...............the weather being really, really, REALLY hot!

3. When I see my children holding hands with their friends I think of............innocence

4. When I hear a Michael Jackson song I think of................middle school, waaaaay back when Michael still had a face!

5. When I see a school bus I think of...............walking home from the bus stop with my brother and feeling SOOO abused because we had to walk a WHOLE 3 blocks!!

6. When I hear a 60's song I think of................sorry, that was waaaaay before my time!! Just kidding! I'm taken back to a year-long period of my life where I only listened to oldies on the radio.

7. When I see a piano I think of.....................all the piano lessons and different teachers I had as a kid.

8. When I hear myself say "because I told you to" I think of...................frustration! "Why do you have to question EVERY LITTLE THING I tell you to do?!?"

9. When I see a newborn baby I think of....................my own time with a newborn

10. When I hear a plane fly over I think of........................wondering where the people are going and imagining their trips.

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

September 6th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. When I see typewriter I think of................high school

2. When I hear a locust/cricket in the summertime I think of...............camping when I was a kid. We always went to the same campsite every 4th of July week. The locusts were so loud and we always had so much fun trying to catch them.

3. When I see my children holding hands with their friends I think of............how sweet it is.

4. When I hear a Michael Jackson song I think of................the 80's.

5. When I see a school bus I think of...............how much I hated riding it when I was in school.

6. When I hear a 60's song I think of................my dad. When I was growing up that's all he listened to. My brother and I always thought they were so lame and had a great time laughing at them. lol But now, I'll listen to them and just smile at the memories.

7. When I see a piano I think of.....................my grandmother. She always played.

8. When I hear myself say "because I told you to" I think of...................I know it's such a lame reason, but after hearing "whyyyy" a million times I say it out of frustration!

9. When I see a newborn baby I think of....................wanting to touch their sweet little heads.

10. When I hear a plane fly over I think of........................calling the boys to come look at it.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

September 6th, 2006, 05:45 PM
persephonewillow's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. When I see typewriter I think of................ highschool typing class

2. When I hear a locust/cricket in the summertime I think of............... heat!

3. When I see my children holding hands with their friends I think of............ ermm... my kids don't hold hands with their friends

4. When I hear a Michael Jackson song I think of................ THRILLER! (and the crotch grab)

5. When I see a school bus I think of............... that weird smell school buses all seem to have.

6. When I hear a 60's song I think of................ tie dye

7. When I see a piano I think of..................... hrmmm... not much really

8. When I hear myself say "because I told you to" I think of................... 'oh crap, i'm turning into my mother'

9. When I see a newborn baby I think of.................... how much i just want to conceive already! it's taking too long this time around.

10. When I hear a plane fly over I think of........................ the trips to Holland i've taken
<div align="center"><span style="color:#663366">I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Adam Savage
</div>
<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search