The waiting is so hard!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2006, 05:25 PM
choshojo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first year "officially" homeschooling and I've been practically holding my breath waiting to hear back from the Deptartment of Education as to whether or not my enrollment/curriculum was approved.

They said it would take up to 14 days to process, and it has been 3 weeks... but they also said to wait until after 4 weeks before contacting them if we haven't gotten a response. The waiting stinks!

Enrollments have to be accepted by October 1st in order for it to be considered a full year of schooling, so I'm very nervous as if it ends up not getting approved and I have to resubmit, I may not make their deadline. I know it's mostly my fault for waiting so long to send it in, but I didn't realize they had the deadlines until I got my paperwork and I sent it back to them as quickly as I reasonably could.

I know my curriculum is great, but I'm afraid they will be concerned that most of it is at a 2nd-3rd grade level when my son is a kindergartener age-wise... but that's just the level that he's at now! I've been homeschooling him since birth and he's very bright, and while I understand that things like cross-multiplication are not on your average kindergartener's plate, it is on mine!

Hopefully our response will come back soon and everything will be hunkey-dorey, but I'm getting nervous and just had to vent a bit!

September 6th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Veteran
I'm not waiting for curriculum approval, but I am waiting for something else that is important to our family.
And you are definitely right - Waiting Stinks! I'll hold my breath with you - GOOD LUCK! *cheeks puffed out and turning pink*
September 6th, 2006, 05:59 PM
May we both get what we're waiting for as soon as possible!

I'm also waiting for my next prenatal appointment... didn't hear the heartbeat at my last one on Tuesday so I was scheduled to come in a week later so they can check again & have me get an ultrasound if the doppler can't pick it up. DOUBLE waiting! No wonder I've got such a headache!

September 7th, 2006, 06:41 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
Argh, thanks a lot...now I'm in knots, waiting with the both of you!! And I don't even have anything I'm waiting on!!!!
*holds breath on behalf of you two*

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

September 7th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Veteran
Quote:
May we both get what we're waiting for as soon as possible!

I'm also waiting for my next prenatal appointment... didn't hear the heartbeat at my last one on Tuesday so I was scheduled to come in a week later so they can check again & have me get an ultrasound if the doppler can't pick it up. DOUBLE waiting! No wonder I've got such a headache! [/b]
Okay, Now I'm not only holding my breath but I'm 'Praying' for you too. "Father, Please let them hear the heartbeat so their minds will be at peace". I've been there myself. Please keep us (me) posted.

Quote:
Argh, thanks a lot...now I'm in knots, waiting with the both of you!! And I don't even have anything I'm waiting on!!!!
*holds breath on behalf of you two*[/b]
I haven't told anyone on the boards but we have requested the state allow us to adopt a little girl that was in our home a few years ago (she's in foster care and just recently came up for adoption and we should be receiving our certification to adopt a child anyday - I pray). It's been two months since we started the inquiry and they aren't saying 'no' but they're not saying 'yes' yet either. We (I) am trying not to be paranoid and stay positive. But I need to be careful that I don't 'push' too hard or my boat might topple over 'the wrong way'. (okay. the secret's out). May God's will be done.
September 7th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Thanks for fretting with me and the happy thoughts, ladies! I will be sure to keep everyone posted on all of my news... still nothing yet on the homeschooling.

Best of luck to you, HeMarriedMedusa, on your adoption! I hope that you hear back from them soon. I know that the process can take a while, but hopefully they can speed up that process a bit as it is a child that you are looking to adopt (rather than a baby), and I feel that children should be placed in forever homes as soon as they possibly can be.

September 8th, 2006, 09:04 AM
My approval letter came today!!

It's funny to me how I tend to lose my patience right before I get what I lost my patience over... it happens a lot! LOL

Now only 3 more days until my doctor's appointment. I've been thinking much more positively the past couple of days; I was a real mess over it right after my last appointment and for a couple of days thereafter, but I'm not so down about it now. Not hearing the heartbeat at this stage is still common enough, especially taking into account the facts that my uterus tips back and I am slightly overweight. So now I am just thankful that my doctor is having me come back so soon, as I am sure there are many OBs who would have just had me wait the whole month until my next regular check-up.

September 8th, 2006, 10:54 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! Enjoy your year!

September 8th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on the approval. (Although I am also glad I don't have to have one where I am).
One thing at a time.... My husband has always said he was going to teach me patience if it was the Last Thing he did....It's been almost 26yrs.....I'm still waiting...So is he. We also had a dog several years ago (who has now gone to doggy heaven) that I named Patience, thinking I would get some if I had to call it all the time.
Guess What.... The Dog got it all and I still don't have as much as I want/need.
September 9th, 2006, 11:26 AM
I am the same way!

September 16th, 2006, 01:38 PM
HeMarriedMedusa sent me a PM & made me realize that I never updated this for my appointment... I shared the news with my Due Date Club, but not here.

Anyhow... we found the heartbeat! So the baby is fine!

I have an ultrasound scheduled on the 3rd of October to check on development. My doc is concerned that my uterus is a bit bigger than it should be and wants to check for twins, but I'm not concerned. I measured big with my son, too... and he just turned out to be one large baby (11 lbs 2 oz... I guess pretty close to the size of 2 twins! LOL).

September 16th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Congrat's on your pregnancy and hearing the wee ones heartbeat!

September 17th, 2006, 06:06 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
I'm so glad that everything is OK! And, WOW - 11lbs 2 oz.! That's a big baby!!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

September 20th, 2006, 06:19 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Congrats on the heart beat. Lol, on the big baby part. I completely know what you mean.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search