First homeschooling pics of the year

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2006, 10:50 AM
choshojo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so proud of my little guy right now, I just had to take some snapshots of his math review. We have not worked on math at all since spring, so I wanted to a review of his more basic addition and subtraction skills before we move on a bit, and he did a FANTASTIC job, even with the long lapse!

I couldn't be happier right now... okay... if penmanship hadn't been so rushed by him this morning, I might have been a smidge happier, but I understand how very boring it is and that it takes a lot of practice to start making letters smaller and very clearly... some kids never get good penmanship skills, mine is still doing a great job for his level!

September 7th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
WOW! That's great!!! I thought my son was doing great with his math, he LOVES math!!! We just started on Early Multiplication, but have not done any double digit basic math. Check out our website. www.stevensfamilyhomeschool.com Great review day you had!!!
September 7th, 2006, 11:52 AM
What a great site, you've done a lovely & very classy job with it! I've bookmarked your links page for future use, it looks like you have a bunch of places on there I haven't yet discovered myself. The internet is such a wonderful resource for homeschooling... I'm not even sure how parents managed before it! LOL

I hope to be putting a site for my son together sometime in the next few months to track our progress for friends & family.

My son is a whiz (if I may toot my own horn LMBO! ), and showed signs of it very early (he knew his letters, numbers, colors & shapes before his 2nd birthday, for example), that is one of the many reasons why I chose to homeschool him; he'd be so bored in regular school that I think it would greatly hinder his potential.

We'll be doing a multiplication review tomorrow. He was actually grasping basic cross mulitplication (!!) this spring before we stopped formal schooling for the year. He picked up on reading much sooner than math, but once he started really getting a few basic math concepts, he took right off in that field, too. His comprehension level in all areas is between 2nd-3rd grade, and he would be entering kindergarten this year age-wise if he were put into school, so with homeschooling, I have the freedom to teach him on his level, which is just a blessing.

September 9th, 2006, 12:56 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awwww, thanks for the pictures! He is so cute!

September 9th, 2006, 07:11 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Awe! What a cutie you have there and great job on the math! I think his penmanship is great too. I only wish my boys wrote that neatly.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
September 10th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Thanks!

His number do turn out very nicely... I kind of forget that sometimes since we're having a bit of trouble with lower case letters... he likes to rush right through them and they turn out very messy. But, I suppose that many children... heck, many PEOPLE... always have rather messy handwriting, so as long as I can read them, he's better off than many!

September 11th, 2006, 12:47 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very true!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search