Where Is Everyone Today?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2006, 02:32 PM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess you are all having a busy day with schooling .
We've had a good day here and are looking forward to the weekend.
How is everyone else?
September 22nd, 2006, 03:09 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
G'day Sherry,

Well it's Sataday morning here and we are getting ready for Daniels birthday party. I have to finish decerating the cake. It's a beach cake, with tinny teddy biscuits on it as beach goers lol. Clean up the kitchen and put up some decerations. It's only small and not till this arvo so we have plenty of time. Our friends are then staying for a barbie. Should be a good day so long as this cold bug we all have dosn't make ds misrable. We've had 3 rotten nights with dd coughing. Great timing! NOT.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
September 22nd, 2006, 04:14 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
Well, currently I'm sitting outside in my front yard so that The Kids can play in the front yard of one of the neighbor kids. I don't like for them to play outside in the front unattended, even when there's more than one of them, and the weather's so beautiful that I hated to say no.

We sort of rushed through school this morning because I had a friend coming over for lunch and I was making chicken salad and feeling very distracted while I was trying to teach and cook and tidy the house. We got most everything done, except for the "official" reading lesson from Ordinary Parents Guide, but she read two stories to me while I was cooking, so I don't feel too bad about it.

We were going to go camping this weekend, but the place that we were going to go to was expecting rain all weekend, so we decided to go next weekend. It's a good thinkg we put it off, though, because it turns out Troy is going to have to work tomorrow for a few hours. Plus, it gives me something to look forward to!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Jo, I want to come to your barbie in the arvo!! Sounds EXOTIC! Are you going to be throwing some shrimp around? (Tee hee!)

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

September 22nd, 2006, 04:49 PM
lol Lisa, no shrimp I'm afraid. Just steak and sausages.

September 23rd, 2006, 06:58 AM
Quote:
G'day Sherry,

Well it's Sataday morning here and we are getting ready for Daniels birthday party. I have to finish decerating the cake. It's a beach cake, with tinny teddy biscuits on it as beach goers lol. Clean up the kitchen and put up some decerations. It's only small and not till this arvo so we have plenty of time. Our friends are then staying for a barbie. Should be a good day so long as this cold bug we all have dosn't make ds misrable. We've had 3 rotten nights with dd coughing. Great timing! NOT.[/b]
I hope the birthday went well...it sounds like a nice day.
It is now Sat. morning here and looking like rain again. Jeff has a singing this morning and we have our Sunday School get together tonight. I really just want to stay home, but know I will regret it if we don't go.
Have a great Sunday.

Quote:
Well, currently I'm sitting outside in my front yard so that The Kids can play in the front yard of one of the neighbor kids. I don't like for them to play outside in the front unattended, even when there's more than one of them, and the weather's so beautiful that I hated to say no.

We sort of rushed through school this morning because I had a friend coming over for lunch and I was making chicken salad and feeling very distracted while I was trying to teach and cook and tidy the house. We got most everything done, except for the "official" reading lesson from Ordinary Parents Guide, but she read two stories to me while I was cooking, so I don't feel too bad about it.

We were going to go camping this weekend, but the place that we were going to go to was expecting rain all weekend, so we decided to go next weekend. It's a good thinkg we put it off, though, because it turns out Troy is going to have to work tomorrow for a few hours. Plus, it gives me something to look forward to!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Jo, I want to come to your barbie in the arvo!! Sounds EXOTIC! Are you going to be throwing some shrimp around? (Tee hee!)[/b]
The weather is getting perfect for camping. All we have is our tent and have not been brave enough to pitch it anywhere but our back yard, but have vowed to take it somewhere this fall . I hope it goes well.
Have a GREAT DAY.

Quote:
lol Lisa, no shrimp I'm afraid. Just steak and sausages. [/b]
That sounds great!!! When Lisa and I come to see you, you can throw some shrimp and pork chops on there . I'll have a big crawfish boil when you two come to see me!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 23rd, 2006, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We spent the day at the Museum yesterday. Got to see the King Tut exhibit (kind of a disappointment since King Tut himself wasn't there, but there was lots of other cool stuff) and the Ancient Egypt/Pyramids exhibit. It was great because that is what we're studying in school. The kids learned so much and got to see in person all the things we've been studying about: heiroglyphics, the Rosetta Stone, the heavy pyramid stones, the mummies, etc.... My 7 yr old decided to read another book about Tut this morning when she got up, then sat with me through breakfast telling me all about the men who discovered King Tut's tomb and exactly how they did it. I think this is something that is really going to stick with them for a long time.

Today we are headed out to the woods if the rain lets up. Not looking too good though, we may just have to hang out at home and recover from the long day yesterday.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
September 23rd, 2006, 07:14 AM
Quote:
lol Lisa, no shrimp I'm afraid. Just steak and sausages. [/b]
But....but....I thought that's what Australians DID! Throw shrimp on the barbie! I'm so disillusioned! *sob*
Oh well, steak is good too! Mmmmmm.....steeeeeeaaaaaaak......*drool*
When you come here, I'll.....ummmm.....I can't think of anything that is typically midwest.....grits? No, that's southern. Ummmm.....tex mex? Fried chicken and mashed potatoes? I don't KNOW!!! Something mid-westy, though! I'd come up with something good!

Motherbird, that sounds like an AWESOME museum trip!! I hope something like that comes here, soon!

September 23rd, 2006, 07:22 AM
That sounds like a great trip Motherbird. I love it when mine have a real life experience that corresponds with what we are studying.
I hope you have a great day whatever you decided to do!!
September 23rd, 2006, 02:05 PM
Quote:
I'll have a big crawfish boil when you two come to see me!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
Crawfish boil?!? whats that?!

Quote:
I can't think of anything that is typically midwest.....grits? No, that's southern. Ummmm.....tex mex? Fried chicken and mashed potatoes?[/b]
Grits!! What are you girls trying to do to me!? Well lest you wont have to worry about me raiding your fridge! Yer stick to fried chicken, and that better be REAL potatos not that boxed stuff I know you have!

I will bring over some meat pies, vegemite, cordial, and even some Violet Crumble bars!!

September 23rd, 2006, 02:16 PM
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
I'll have a big crawfish boil when you two come to see me!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
Crawfish boil?!? whats that?!

Quote:
I can't think of anything that is typically midwest.....grits? No, that's southern. Ummmm.....tex mex? Fried chicken and mashed potatoes?[/b]
Grits!! What are you girls trying to do to me!? Well lest you wont have to worry about me raiding your fridge! Yer stick to fried chicken, and that better be REAL potatos not that boxed stuff I know you have!

I will bring over some meat pies, vegemite, cordial, and even some Violet Crumble bars!!
[/b][/quote]
Boxed mashed potatoes? BOXED?!? Oh, no no no....not in this house, ma'am! I make the best REAL mashed potatoes in town, if not in the entire COUNTRY!! And my fried chicken isn't bad....although, if I was making my best personal homecooked meal for you it would be chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes and corn. So that's what I'll make for you. And, hey, tell ya what....double up on the Violet Crumble and leave the Vegemite at home!!

September 23rd, 2006, 02:37 PM
Come on girls...you know you can't come to Louisiana without eating boiled crawfish with potatoes and corn!!!

Most people only eat the meat from the tails, though there is a little in the claws too.
YUMMY!!!!!!!!
September 23rd, 2006, 03:22 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Shery, you are gonna freak them out! They will never come to visit us here!

Well, we are not having as much fun as everyone else. We are catching up on some school work today. Eli did 2 days so we are both thrilled. We were sick all week. And he feels better today.

September 23rd, 2006, 04:12 PM
Haha...you are probably right! I was thinking that, while they look delicious to me, they probably won't think so. They don't have the memory of the delicious smell of them to draw on. Oh well, I don't guess they are in season right now anyway!
Did you see Jeff and his singing group on TV tonight...just a little snippet on the news when they were showing the sherrif family fun day at the old kmart parking lot this morning. Jeff sang at it . We didn't even know they would show it, but we accidently saw it just now...haha. You can't hear them singing or anything...just wondering if you saw it.
Let me know when everyone is feeling well....maybe the rain will go away and the cool weather will linger.
"hugs"
September 23rd, 2006, 06:34 PM
Is that what you call 'crawfish'? We call those King prawns I don't eat them, but dh will.

September 23rd, 2006, 09:02 PM
NO, I didn't see the news! Bummer!

Well, what we call prawns is this...

September 23rd, 2006, 09:44 PM
They both look like prawns to me.

September 25th, 2006, 10:46 AM

Well the crawfish are more like baby lobsters. They have a hard shell.

September 25th, 2006, 02:48 PM
So long as your the one eating them and not me!

September 27th, 2006, 11:25 AM
They are scary!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search