Hi my fellow teachers :)

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope everyone had a good day. As for us, we got a lot of stuff done, but we had to really motivate ourselves to get through it. I was just so very sleepy and wanted to just put it all away. I think today required more motivation than any other day so far this year. I am proud to say that the only thing that I put off was Science and only because we don't usually do Science on Friday and I knew that I could slip it in there tomorrow. I was SO happy when the last thing was done.
Our water cycle project went well this week. I am going to take some pictures of it to put on my Blog tomorrow. From the looks of my Blog it would seem that we aren't doing school at all ...but we ARE.
2 MORE WEEKS...and a day.....until Jeff and I leave for our trip. I am trying not to think about it too much because it makes me to excited too soon. However, planning our shore excursions the other night was exciting. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see the Maya Indian ruins at Costa Maya!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew that they had tours of ruins there, but only realized the other night that they are from the Maya Indians...we have been studying them along with the other Native Americans. That's one thing that would be so awsome to see. They only started excavating them in '94!!
I'm going to read............yippee!! I went.............are you ready for this...............2 WHOLE DAYS with NO BOOK TO READ!!!!!!!!!! I was miserable!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great night everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 28th, 2006, 07:12 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
We only sort of had school today. I guess the best way to put it was that Reilly self-taught!

I go to a women's Bible study at my church on Thursday mornings and they have child care for the kids. This year Reilly is the oldest in the class (obviously - the other first graders are in school!) and after the first week, she said "Maybe I could take some worksheets or something to do" I was floored, but I jumped all over that idea! So last week I took some simpler worksheets in a folder, ones I knew she could do with minimal to no help from the babysitters, and then we finished up school when we got home.

Well, THIS week, she did her worksheets (except for one that another older girl got ahold of and did for her! I don't know where this girl came from...I think her mom was a visitor!) and I had every intention of finishing up after we got home, but we were running around afterwards getting things for our camping trip this weekend. So we never did anything after we got home! Oh well. We'll either catch up tomorrow or enxt week!

So that was school for today. I've struggled with feeling very guilty that school was so....slipshod! Hope everyone had a great day!

Shery, I know EXACTLY how you feel about not having a book to read! I oftentimes have two books going at once and I feel very lost without something to read! What are you reading?

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

September 28th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Lisa,
I am starting the third book in the "Abram's Daughters" series. It is based in an Amish community....VERY GOOD. I haven't heard any bad reviews on it. The great thing about the series is that it actually gets better with every book, unlike most series that I have read. It is very good. There are five in all. I am hoping that I don't read the three that I have left too fast so I will have a good book to take on our trip.
Don't fell bad about school. My kids were off the whole week we were gone plus most of the week before so I could pack. They still get most school than a lot of kids IN school...just remember that.
Thanks for the note.
September 28th, 2006, 09:17 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't wait to see your pictures!

September 29th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've been off school this whole week. Dh was off all week, and we don't work when he's off.

Sherry, I read the Abram's Daughter's series last year! They are all so so good! Enjoy!
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search