Hi Friends

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2006, 02:49 PM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope everyone is having a good week so far.
We got a late start this morning because a friend of mine needed me to help her make a campaign poster for her child...in the public school. She was paniced about what to do on it and needed someone to throw it around with her and pull it together. She came by first thing this morning...it was fun.
Then, we went next door to see the little 8 week old neice...my MIL started babysitting her today. We had to go get our hands on her . Precious!
The great thing was that, even with not starting until nearly noon because of all of the distractions, we still finished before 4:00. I have no idea how it happened, but I am happy about it.
I need to come up with something really fun to do with the kids. I feel like I haven't done enough fun things lately.
Have a great day everyone.
October 3rd, 2006, 04:09 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww 8 weeks old how sweet. Your place sounds a lot more fun then mine. I still have the flu, at least two weeks now. We'ev done no school and my daughter is getting bored with the dvd's. I'm going to make a Dr appt as it feels like my airway is constricted a little. two days back I thought I was starting to get better, but no such luck.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
October 3rd, 2006, 05:54 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
We had a fine day, nothing too exciting, really. I used my lesson that I had planned for last Friday because we didn't end up having school because I was getting ready for our camping trip and that took up the whole morning. THEN we didn't have school on Monday because I was getting everything back where it goes from our camping trip! I was glad that I had the lesson in place for today because otherwise I would have been winging it and that NEVER makes for a good day around here! We just did boring "core" stuff, nothing fun here either.

Awww, babies are so sweet! Almost makes me want another one!

Jo, I'm so sorry you're sick! *makes big pot of chicken soup and FedEx's it to Jo's house* Feel better!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

October 3rd, 2006, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Awww 8 weeks old how sweet. Your place sounds a lot more fun then mine. I still have the flu, at least two weeks now. We'ev done no school and my daughter is getting bored with the dvd's. I'm going to make a Dr appt as it feels like my airway is constricted a little. two days back I thought I was starting to get better, but no such luck.[/b]
Hi Jo,
I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. I really hope you are feeling better soon...how miserable .

Hi Lisa,
Have you posted anything on your Blog about the camping trip? I want to hear how it went.
October 3rd, 2006, 09:14 PM
Awww, thanks for asking about the trip! I posted a little blurb in my post today about school, but not with pictures or anything yet. I may do that in the next few days, either at MorningStar or my other blog, A Day in the Life - there's a link in the sidebar at MorningStar. I've just been trying to get my act together from this trip and prepare for the next trip! (We leave for Ohio on Sunday!)
In short, thought, it was a fantastic, perfect trip!!

October 4th, 2006, 06:10 AM
I'm glad you had a good time. It is hard to plan two trips back to back. I dreamed last night that Jeff and I had to leave in 2 hours for our trip and I hadn't packed for the kids to stay at his mom's yet. I also dreamed that I didn't have the clip to pin my hair up for formal night. I guess that means getting my clip and packing for the kids are worrying me the most right now!!! However, isn't it all worth it when you finally drive away from the house. Yippee!!!!!!!!!! We have 10 more days to wait!!!!!!!!!!!
What's going on in Ohio?
October 4th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Quote:
I'm glad you had a good time. It is hard to plan two trips back to back. I dreamed last night that Jeff and I had to leave in 2 hours for our trip and I hadn't packed for the kids to stay at his mom's yet. I also dreamed that I didn't have the clip to pin my hair up for formal night. I guess that means getting my clip and packing for the kids are worrying me the most right now!!! However, isn't it all worth it when you finally drive away from the house. Yippee!!!!!!!!!! We have 10 more days to wait!!!!!!!!!!!
What's going on in Ohio?[/b]
I have dreams like that, even when I'm NOT going on a trip! I always worry that I've forgotten something, which I usually have, and the feeling of "worry" doesn't go away until I figure out what I've forgotten. This past weekend it was 1) Our SDC season passes , 2) Troy's medicine, and 3) A second PullUp for Declan to sleep in (I had only packed one!)...I think that was it! Luckily, SDC will replace your passes once for no charge, so that wasn't a big deal.

As for Ohio, my aunt and uncle and a few of my cousins live there and I've wanted to go and visit them in the fall since they moved there. I've just been waiting for The Kids to get old enough to make the loooooong drive! So my mom and The Kids and I head out this Sunday, stopping in St. Louis to see my brother. I'm soooo excited! (I might be a tad more excited if we were going on a cruise, but oh well! )

I can't wait to see pics of your cruise!!

October 4th, 2006, 12:22 PM
For all the throngs who are interested *laughs uncontrollably* I have a post up about out camping trip, complete with pictures, at my "A Day in the Life" blog. The link is in the sidebar of MorningStar, and the link to that one is in my siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search