We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Make a list of 10 things that someone would probably not know about you!
1. I have 3 tattoos
2. I was an "extra" in several operas when I was in elementary school.
3. I was an "extra" in the movie "Tex" when I was a kid, although the part that I was in ended up on the cutting room floor.
4. I used to babysit for S.E. Hinton, who wrote "Tex" and "The Outsiders" (as well as a bunch of other books!)
5. While rafting on the Arkansas River in Colorado on my honeymoon, I popped out of the raft in a rapid in the Royal Gorge and thought I was going to DIE!
6. I love peanut butter, mayo, and bacon sandwiches. Sometimes I add tomato, too!
7. I met my husband while I was dating someone else (who I thought I was going to marry) and I thought "I guess I'll just always wonder what it would have been like to date Troy!" We've been married for 10 years now!
8. I once had lunch with the man who directed the first two X Men movies, "The Usual Suspects", and the new Superman movie. He was a friend of my brother's.
9. I sucked my thumb for a looooooong time....longer than you would ever guess *crawls into a hole in embarassment* (I don't now, and I never had braces.)
10. I LOVE to have my back scratched...not massaged, but more like tickled!
-- Lisa --
Wife to my best friend Troy, mom to Reilly and Declan
1. I have to be one of the biggest geeks of all time. Seriously by looking at me you couldn't tell... I'm an avid fan of sci-fi. Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (some might know that I'm a fan of that though because of Xander) etc. are some of my favorite shows. I have a lot of other geeky tendencies too
2. I'll put ranch dressing on almost anything (I love it on tacos)
3. I want to have one more child but not too many people know that. Even my husband doesn't know. I want a little girl in the worst way.
4. I hate the name my husband has picked for a girl. I only say I like it because I know how much it means to him and he's let me have all three names I like for the boys.
5. Everyone thinks that Lucas James is named after George Lucas (my husband loves Star Wars) and James Cameron (my favorite director) But he's really named after Lucas, a character on Empire Records and James after my dad... no one believes us. We've tried telling them... but they won't listen
6. I've started several novels that I've never finished because I thought they sucked. My biggest dream is to become a writer. I just have no faith in myself.
7. My birthfather left when I was young and my mom remarried a half chinese half Japanese man who adopted me. My last name was Wong before I got married and throughout grade school I was continually teased about it. To this day some of the things that were said to me hurt... even though I pretended they didn't. (I'm a good actress)
8. My great uncle (on my adoptive dad's side) was the old man on 50 First Dates. The one who told Adam Sandler to stop looking at him because it was freaking him out.
I can't think of anything else right now at the moment.... grr...
10, gosh thats hard. I have to say Lisa I already knew one of yours, the peanut butter, mayo, and bacon sandwiches! ugg
1. I had red shag carpet in my room as a kid. I choose it.
2. I have a metal allergy and can only wear plastic or gold. I'll find you out with gold plate!
3. I fell off my horse on top of my head when I was 12. Although I have had a bad neck ever since I guess I was lucky not to break it.
4. Back when kids wernt in car seats and I was about 3, I released the hand brake on a hill. My mother who was with me couldn't drive and my father was down the road at the corner shop getting a few things. My father dashed across a main road putting his hand on a bonnet of a car and sprinted up the hill while my mother contemplated jumping out with me!. Lucky he stoped our tilly.
5. When I was 2 I was diagnosed with epilepsy and had that for 33 years till I was 35.
6. While in hospital to be diagnosed I got out on a one story window ledge and they ended tying me to the cot (crib) to keep me there. Yes this was long before such things was conciderd abuse, or parents could stay so thats what they did. I don't remeber it though.
7. Also when I was 2 I climed up a ladder and ran about on our flat roof. Can you tell I was a difficult child
8. The man I dated (and thought I would marry) before I met dh wrote tv jingles, knows Molly Meldrom (sp) and managed a popular singer. I would have been wife no.3 so lucky I didn't hmm.
9. I met my dh at a Christian Singles camp after being draged there by my friend. He got our names mixed up so he was asking about her rather then me
10. We had our reception at the Bunya Mts and stayed there for the first couple of days of our honeymoon. there must have been a leach explosion going on as a few people got the bliters including me one behind the ear which was gotten out and onother in my hair which we didnt find for a couple of days. My entire left side of my face sweled up so it looked like I was beaten up and we spent 2 hours waiting in a puplic hospital to be seen too.
"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."