Good Morning

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are having a rainy morning here. I don't mind since we have nowhere to go, but I felt bad for Jeff having to get out in it.
I've decided to go to Ark. with Jeff for his singing this weekend, which means that we are going to have to pass on our fieldtrip Friday. It would just be too hard to try to cram school into 4 days and get ready for the trip. We are also missing our Sunday School Fall party Sat. and the Chidren's choir singing Sunday morning. Oh well, you can't do it all, right. I would much rather be with Jeff, and the kids want to go so bad.
Anything exciting going on for anyone today???
October 26th, 2006, 06:33 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
We don't have anything exciting planned for today! I have a women's Bible study this morning, so we'll actually have school this afternoon, but even that is going to involve me flying by the seat of my pants because I didn't get my lesson plan written for the whole week on Sunday, like I usually do, and today is BLANK! SO, I'm sure it will just be The Basics! Not too exciting, but necessary nonetheless!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

October 26th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Rainy Day here too. But it's just what I needed! We were supposed to have a playdate and I'm actually kind of relieved that it was cancelled. I'll miss seeing my friend, but we need a day where we can just stay home and get some things done. We've been doing alot of running around this week and have more running around planned for the weekend. So today, we are just hanging out, getting some school and house work done. Again, I'm trying to let the kids take the lead and let me know what subjects they want to do (with a little guidance from me.) It's working out okay. Right now they are writing up biographies of Robert Louis Stevenson. When they're done, we'll have lunch and probably listen to a book on tape.

Enjoy your Thursday everyone!

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
October 26th, 2006, 04:26 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had a fun day here! And I have to say I love doing school when it is rainy and cool. I peek out of the window from time to time! I adore it.

We may go to walmart later because I need to get some household items and some stuffing for Eli's costume.

Other than that we are coming to the end of our normal day.

October 28th, 2006, 07:00 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm late on this, but I'll start at Thursday and go through today.

--Thursday: We were pretty much done for the week already (just had a little reading for history left) so we decided to skip school and buy groceries. I took the younger 2 with me and dh took Jack with him to the deer lease to get his guns sited in for rifle season. When we all got home it was time to go to the city park for Jack's soccer pizza party. We just got through all the trophy's being awarded when a big storm blew in. Rain pouring down and tornadic activity! We went home and just ended up letting the kids play their V-Smile videos for a while.

--Friday: We had a great day! We took a field trip with a group of other moms & kids (some homeschooled, some not yet in school) to see a live production of Charlotte's Web. It was the cutest thing ever! The kids loved it. We're going to plan on going back to see If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Jungle Book, & Cinderella. When we got home, the kids spent the rest of the day just hanging out & playing. I spent the rest of the day hanging out watching cooking shows on Food Network....one of my favorite pasttimes.

--Today, not quite sure what we're going to do. Probably hang out around the house and just relax. I need to get the house cleaned up, sheets washed, etc. We may go to a fall festival this evening around 5....not sure yet. I guess we'll just play it by ear today.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search