Future Homeschooling Mommy!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2006, 03:43 AM
Kangaroo510
Hi ladies!

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jeana, I'm 22 and my beautiful daughter Dahlia is almost 10 weeks old. My husband (Aaron, 24) and I are planning on homeschooling our kids. We were both homeschooled. He started when he was in 8th grade and I went from k-12. I was only in the public school system for Drivers Ed. We are both very excited to be doing this with our daughter and future children. I know we are a ways off but I just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know I'll be lurking around here! I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!
November 5th, 2006, 05:29 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
Welcome..I'm new here too!
November 5th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome!

I'm Jenny. Currenly homeschooling my three year old Xander right now who's too smart for his own good. He's actually doing kindergarten work right now. Lucas who'll be 2 at the end of the month loves to do 'school' too which consists of coloring pictures. And Aiden who's 3 months just likes to watch his brothers.

Can't wait to get to know you!
November 5th, 2006, 12:07 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
! Glad you're here and I look forward to getting to know you! Jump in wherever you want to!
We're in our second year of homeschooling. Reilly, our daughter, is 6 and in first grade and Declan, our son, is 3.5 and does preschool work only occasionally!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

November 5th, 2006, 12:09 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! We love new homeschoolers to come and post with us. And it is great that you were both homeschooled!

I have a 2nd grader and a 3 year old preschooler.

November 5th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Kangaroo510
Thanks for being so welcoming!

I love chatting about homeschooling so if you have any questions that a previous homeschooler might be able to answer, please ask!

Does anybody happen to know of a good way to find a local homeschool group? I'm in the metro Atlanta area so I'm sure there is one around here somewhere! It's just a matter of finding it!
November 5th, 2006, 01:27 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
and welcome Kangaroo510. Good name any conection to Oz?

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
November 6th, 2006, 04:19 AM
Kangaroo510
Kitty,

I wish! I've always wanted to visit Australia. Can I come and stay at your house? My husband and I would both love to go and I want to take Dahlia. I am always telling my husband "Let's go to Australia and get ourselves a Dingo!" (Said in my HORRIBLE aussie accent) I never traveled as a kid so we are going to make up for it with our kids! Poor Dahlia is going to be like "We are going on ANOTHER vacation?". Haha

When I was little I had a bathing suit that said G'day Mate on it, thats as close I've come! LOL

As for the kangaroo thing... It all started with my brother in law. He was driving down the road and saw a dead dear on the side of the road and SWORE it was a kangaroo. We teased him relentlesly! Kangaroo has found it's way into many aspects of our lives! Other than that it has no meaning!

Sorry, this post was kinda scatter brained.. It's 7am and the baby went back to sleep so I'm moving through JM as fast as I can before she wakes up!

Thanks for the welcome!
November 6th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You live in the Metro-Atlanta area!?!

My husband and I have seriously thought about moving down there in the next year or so (depending on if we want anymore kids or not... we love our midwife and don't want to have to change). And since Atlanta is close to his best friend and being a city we liked we choose to move around that area) Michigan is just not good for us anymore. I'm soo going to have to pick your brain about the best places to live and what not. I haven't looked into homeschooling groups yet... but I'll start looking stuff up.
November 6th, 2006, 10:37 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just had to add on that I was obsessed with kangaroos and penguins as a child and collected them. I still have a little small one on my dresser.

November 6th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Kitty,

I wish! I've always wanted to visit Australia. Can I come and stay at your house? My husband and I would both love to go and I want to take Dahlia. I am always telling my husband "Let's go to Australia and get ourselves a Dingo!" (Said in my HORRIBLE aussie accent) I never traveled as a kid so we are going to make up for it with our kids! Poor Dahlia is going to be like "We are going on ANOTHER vacation?". Haha[/b]
See, I tried to talk Jo into hosting the "First Annual JM Homeschooling Mommies Get Together" at HER house, since she lives someplace "cool" but she never took me up on it...or maybe it was just something I came up with in my head, I dunno...
I would love to visit Australia!

November 6th, 2006, 02:20 PM
I find it so funny you think my place is "cool"
As a country we do have some cool animals and things, but our place....... lol we live in a large country town. It is flat and dry. We only just got a small shopping centre and a bowling ally! Horray!!

Lol your all welcome to come to my house if you offer to clean first!
lets see, Kangaroo Lisa Sherry Chik..

(always wanted to use all those smilies )

November 6th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Quote:
I find it so funny you think my place is "cool"
As a country we do have some cool animals and things, but our place....... lol we live in a large country town. It is flat and dry. We only just got a small shopping centre and a bowling ally! Horray!![/b]
See, but y'all TALK so cool down there! I mean, what with your "barbies" and "arvos" and "g'days" and "clag glue"!

November 6th, 2006, 03:29 PM

November 6th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Jeana!
I really love to see someone homeschooling who was homeschooled herself/himself! It encourages me that you were happy with it...enough to do it with your own children. Well, as happy as a kid can be with school .
Anyway, welcome. I hope you will visit us often even before you get started good with schooling!!!
November 7th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Kangaroo510
Kitty.. I hate windows!!! Although I hate most housework! haha Very good smiley usage though!

Oh, my mom is now coming on my Australian vacation.. I told her she's in charge of watching the dingo on the flight home!!!

R&D's mom... I think that it's funny that you used "Y'all" in your sentance. Maybe kitty thinks it would be really cool to be from the south and say Y'all!

I do have to ask what"clag glue" means!!! You stumped me there!

And Shary.. I did enjoy homeschooling as much as anybody could enjoy school itself.. which I actually hated... hmm...

You ladies are fun! I'm definately sticking around! Just wait, you'll be trying to get rid of me before you know it! HAHA
November 7th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Oh, my mom is now coming on my Australian vacation.. I told her she's in charge of watching the dingo on the flight home!!!

R&D's mom... I think that it's funny that you used "Y'all" in your sentance. Maybe kitty thinks it would be really cool to be from the south and say Y'all!

I do have to ask what"clag glue" means!!! You stumped me there![/b]
*****I'm editing myself here because I found out that I made a REALLY horrible "joke" here! So, never mind this space...pretend it doesn't exist!*******

Yup, we really DO say y'all...and "howdy" too! And, when Reilly was learning to read last year, she was sounding out "can" and said, "c-aaaaaaa-n.......ca-yun!" It was SO funny!

And I won't steal Jo's thunder. I'll let her reveal the true definition of clag glue!! (Tee hee!)

November 7th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Kangaroo510
Where are you from R&D's mom??
November 7th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Maybe kitty thinks it would be really cool to be from the south and say Y'all![/b]
Ah well I am from the south...the southern hemisphere! lol way more south then any of ya'll

Quote:
I do have to ask what"clag glue" means!!![/b]
Ok well it's really really thick kids paper glue. You know how some people make a white sauce that you can stand a spoon up in like that. You can tip the bottle upside down and it stays up there.

Quote:
"Maybe the dingo ate your baby"[/b]
Um as much as a love you Lisa, that is so not funny. You might not know but that comes from the Azaria Chambilin case. In the 1980's a baby was taken from a tent and eatten by a dingo out at Airs Rock. I had no idea an American sit com had picked that up but it's really really not funny. It's kind of like the really bad taste segment South park has done on Steve irwin.

November 7th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
Maybe kitty thinks it would be really cool to be from the south and say Y'all![/b]
Ah well I am from the south...the southern hemisphere! lol way more south then any of ya'll

Quote:
I do have to ask what"clag glue" means!!![/b]
Ok well it's really really thick kids paper glue. You know how some people make a white sauce that you can stand a spoon up in like that. You can tip the bottle upside down and it stays up there.

Quote:
"Maybe the dingo ate your baby"[/b]
Um as much as a love you Lisa, that is so not funny. You might not know but that comes from the Azaria Chambilin case. In the 1980's a baby was taken from a tent and eatten by a dingo out at Airs Rock. I had no idea an American sit com had picked that up but it's really really not funny. It's kind of like the really bad taste segment South park has done on Steve irwin.
[/b][/quote]
OH NO! That's HORRIBLE! I had NO idea that was anything that had really happened!!! I just thought it was something that they made up. I am SO embarassed! It amazes me that TV writers would take something like that and turn it into a joke. I'm going back to edit my other post....UG!

Oh, and Kanga, I'm from Oklahoma! Yee haw!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search