Good Morning Friends

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope everyone had a good weekend. Ours was good, but just really busy. I had the joy of going to see my Dad, whom I haven't seen in over 6 months. He works on the pipeline and has been off working. It was so great to see him. I wish that he could be home more...the kids really love it there.

The kids sang yesterday morning at church with the Kids' Choir. This is the first year that we have them in choir. They are really enjoying it!
The kids had to dress up like cowboys and indians last night for AWANA's, our church program for kids. Everyone looked so cute. They have really enjoyed Awana's this year in our new church. I am so happy that we moved to this church. We are all so happy there.

I'm not sure what I will do as far as my planning for this week...we have so much going on. Tomorrow, the kids have dental appointments, and Friday is Patrick's birthday...no school that day!!! I think I might do the highlights for this week...English and Math...and catchup stuff in Science and Social Studies. I have some things that are desparately needing done around here too. It will be a strange week.
Well, I hope everyone has a great day!!!
November 13th, 2006, 10:00 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
Howdy, y'all! We're on vacation this week, so no "official" school for us! YIPPEE!

We ARE going to go to the Air and Space Museum tomorrow because Troy has never been there, so that will count as school. It's really small, but fun. Today I'm just getting things ready for our trip to Branson - we leave on Wednesday. I'm super-excited because Silver Dollar City because it's going to be all decorated for Christmas with 4 million lights and people dressed in Victorian-era clothes and a parade and things like that. Plus we're splurging and going to Dolly Parton's Dixie tampede, which is a dinner and show with trick horse riding and a live nativity with the 3 kings riding on live camels....I can't wait to see it! WOOHOO!

I love your pictures, Shery! Awanas seems like it would be a lot of fun. I may get Reilly involved next year.

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

November 13th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sherry, your kids look adorable! I love the pic!

We don't have anything special planned this week, just a regular school week for us.

I had an interesting dinner with some of my Aunts and Cousins last night. We had a ladies night out and of the 5 ladies I met with, 4 of them are public school teachers. So of course they were grilling me about homeschooling. It was a little uncomfortable because I had to try not to make too many digs about public schools and they were trying not to come across as overly negative about homeschooling. Mostly I think they were just curious about how it works. But man the spotlight was on me. Talk about pressure.

Anyhow hope everyone has a great week. And Branson sounds like lots of fun! Take some pictures for us!

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
November 13th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Today- Miguels at daycare / cook for school Project / Wrap over 100 boxes
Tomarrow- We Pack / he goes into art histrory and does a presentation
Wendsday- Clean / X-mas shop
Thursday- Sesson lots of food/ Teach people how to dance
Friday- Cook food for 200+ people and throw a party for a club
early saturday- leave for NY like 1 am spend most of the day driving

I plan to hit all the free museums while we're there.

November 13th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Kangaroo510
Eat, sleep, change diapers, feed baby, play with baby... that's my week folks!
November 13th, 2006, 11:38 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
Nothing major here.. normal school stuff.. tonight is MOms night out with a bunch of homeschooling friends..can't wait!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search