Brown Recluse Spiders

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is what I have been dealing with for the last couple of days. Jeff got bitten by a spider...while in bed....on Thursday night! Well, yesterday, the Dr. told him that it looked like a brown recluse (yes, I just now convinced him to go to the Dr. yesterday...how frustrating!) Anyway, I tore this room apart for the ENTIRE day yesterday. In the process of tearing apart and cleaning out, I saw 3 dead ones and 2 Live ONES. "sigh" It was a very hard day for an obsessive compulsive person. Finally, at the end of the night when I was finally about to make peace with it, I saw the last live one that we found. Just horrible.
I have someone coming this morning to spray for them. I am hoping that he comes before I have to leave to take the kids to the dentist. I'm hoping to see a lot of dead spiders SOON!!! They say that the brown recluse are bad this year! I've never been afraid of spiders, but am freaked out that those are in our house. Jeff's bite looks pretty nasty....we are just hoping that it doesn't become necrotic.
Have to go feed the kids and get dressed....have a good day everyone.
November 14th, 2006, 06:23 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
I am so sorry! Brown recluse spiders are something that I know are in our house because, from what I understand, they are everywhere, but I've not ever seen one. I hope that his bite heals well! And that you have a house full of DEAD spiders soon!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

November 14th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thankyou Lisa,
Yes, I hear they love dark closets and inside of clothes ! I just don't like to think about them....so much for not being afraid of spiders.
Madison got bitten in the spring...we thought it might have happened outside. I don't know if I ever posted pics of that bite, but it got HORRIBLE looking. Man, I hate them now!!!
November 14th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was bitten by one when i was working in a nursing home. I sat on a ladies bed to feed her and didnt feel the bite, but when i got up and was walking down the hall pain was shooting threw my leg and i started limping, one of the nurses pulled up my pant leg and i already had a brownish circle around a bite right on the front of my leg! hurt!
But i got some antibiotics that day and it healed. After about 5 other girls got bit, we finally conviced them to spray the home!

November 14th, 2006, 12:52 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OH NO!!!! Those do freak me out! My husband hates them as well! Let us know how he is!

November 14th, 2006, 01:15 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'll stay here! I hate and loath spiders. I would be having spider nightmares.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search