Lesson Plans File Folder Games Literature Units

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Regular
Let me tell you about my current ebay auctions. I'm very excited to offer two sets of file folder games. The first set is based on the book, Mouse Count, and has 5 separate games. The second set is based on the book, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, and has 8 separate games. File folder games are an excellent resource for learning. They are fun and educational, which will capture the interest of students. File folder games can be used as an activity for a center, to reinforce a concept learned in class, or for when a student has completed all their work.

I also have several teaching units and/or activity packets currently on auction. They contain many wonderful activities and loads of printable pages ready to use in your classroom! These units may be used with the following books:
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
Mouse Count
Bunny Cakes
It's Mine

Finally, I have some signs for your learning centers and a fabulous November Unit. In this unit, you will find an original reader's theatre play for Thanksgiving!

To view these teaching materials, please click this link or copy and paste it to your browser:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpro...successQQhtZ-1

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Promoting success for you and your students,
Shelly

-------------------------------------------------
Here are some FREEBIES just for looking:

Since Thanksgiving is just around the corner, I thought I would include some ideas for your classroom:

Apple Turkeys
You will need:
apples
colored toothpicks
colored mini-marshmallows
gumdrops
The apple is the body of the turkey.
Add colored mini-marshmallows to 5 or 6 toothpicks and stick them in one end of the apple, like a fan, to make a feathered tail.
Use a toothpick for the neck.
Use a gumdrop for a head.
Use 3 yellow toothpicks for legs (in a triangular position so your turkey can stand up)

The Turkey Jerky

This is the same as the Hokey Pokey, except with turkeys!
You put your right wing in, you put your right wing out,
You put your right wing in, and you gobble all about.
You do the turkey jerky and you turn yourself around,
That's what it's all about. Hey!
(Continue with left wing, drumsticks, head, tail feathers, turkey body)

Thanksgiving Memory Game
The players sit in a circle. The first player starts by saying, "At
Thanksgiving dinner I ate turkey." The next player must repeat this and
add another dish, "At my Thanksgiving dinner I ate turkey and
cranberry." The third player must repeat it and add yet another dish,
"At Thanksgiving dinner I ate turkey, cranberry, and stuffing." The
game continues with each player adding an item to the menu after first
listing all the previous items in the exact order they were first said.
If a player makes a mistake he drops out and the game continues until
there is just one person left.

Fake Feathers
Using various sizes of cardboard "feather" patterns, cut feather shapes from the colorful advertisement and cartoon sections of your Sunday newspaper. Use them for "turkey feathers."

We Love Turkey Song (sung to "Are You Sleeping?")
We Love Turkey
We love turkey, we love turkey
So good to eat, so good to eat
We serve it on Thanksgiving, we serve it on Thanksgiving
What a yummy treat! What a yummy treat!
(Everyone rub tummies)

Thank You Book
You will need construction paper, old magazines, stapler or yarn, glue, crayons, and scissors.
Fold papers in half and staple at the fold to make a book. If you don't want to use staples, you may punch holes and assemble the book with yarn. Have the students find pictures in the magazines for which they are thankful. Cut out and glue to the book.

Thanksgiving Math
Work with your class to graph favorite Thanksgiving foods. Hang the completed graph and try to make the favorite food.

Make Butter
Talk about how Pilgrims and Native Americans didn't not have a grocery store to buy butter. They made it from the cream that came from milking the cows. Give each child a baby food jar filled half full with whipping cream. Have them shake it until butter forms. Spread the butter on corn bread.

If the above link doesn't work, please click here:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpro...successQQhtZ-1

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search