WHEW!! I am tired!!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2006, 05:42 AM
willischomp's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to willischomp
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">WOW! We have had a busy week so far. I think the rest of the week should slow down somewhat. Let\'s see, Monday, we did school work and normal day to day stuff. We played outside Monday afternoon. Then Tuesday started bright and early at 5AM ::::yawn::::: We only have one vehicle so when I need to go somewhere, I have to take DH to work. Well, it just so happened, I needed the car and that was the day DH had to be in a training class 30 minutes away by 7AM. So, I was up at 5 showered dressed and ready for the day and had everyone in the car by 6:10. We took DH to his class, came home, finished getting the kids dressed and ready ( they rode in their pjs earlier). We left again and headed to the store to pick up a couple things and made "goody bags" to give my small group at MOPS. We wer at MOPS by 9AM. Finished with MOPS and then ran some errands and grabbed lunch for the kids. Did a bit of shopping I needed to do and then picked DH up at 3:30. Back home in time for Aaron to get off the bus at 4. Then it was time to cook dinner, do baths and settle in for the night. Wednesday I was up early again to take DH to work....normal time of 6:15 this time. He has to be at work at 7 but it is only 5 minutes down the road. Then, we got ready and headed out to visit the HS co op we are joining. Yesterday was their last day for the fall session and they invited us to come check it out and also get our pics taken with them for the yearbook they are doing. We will start on Jan. 3rd for the winter session. Everyone there was SOOOO nice and it is really well organized but yet, laid back too.....it was really nice. The kids loved it and can\'t wait to start. We all sat in a music class for first period, Morgan and Ian LOVED it!! Kristen was a little shy in there but it was mostly younger kids. Then for second period, Morgan joined in a P.E. class for younger kids( which again she had a great time and said she made 2 new friends) while Kristen helped in the cooking class with kids more her age. She LOVEd that. The cooking class prepared the lunch for everyone. We eneded up staying to eat lunch with everyone. I got to talk to several of the moms and the kids didn\'t want to leave and miss the 3rd period after lunch! SO, we left there and had to run back to the store to pick up some things I had forgotten to get Tuesday, then stopped to drop some things off to my aunt and picked Aaron up, went home for a bit then had to go pick DH up at work. We brought him home, and headed right back out the door for church!! By the time we finally made it in to stay for the night EVERYONE was wiped out. Today is just going to be a catch up day now....we have school work to do that we have missed the past 2 days and I have to get the house back in order. I also have a bunch of sewing I have to get done in the next few days!! OK...now I am tired after reliving all this....is it nap time yet??? </span>
November 16th, 2006, 06:36 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
LOL.. dang girl.. lol.. your starting to sound like me!!!rofl
November 16th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Chandra,
Your week sounds about like mine. No wonder it has been a little slow here...everyone seems to be having either a busy week or a bad week!
Our homeschool association has started a co-op here too, but we haven't joined it yet. I guess having just taken mine out of the school system, I wasn't ready for anything structured with other people yet, at least not in the aspect of a learning environment. I hear that our co-op is awsome, and I am sure that eventually I will get into it for some things.
We have yearbooks too....had to go last week to get their school pics done for it. I love our homeschool association (CHA). I wish that everyone who homeschools could be in one!

**Monday...had to spend the day in my room trying to get rid of the black widows...make it ready for fumigating the next day. Madison had gymnastics that evening.
**Tuesday....kids had dental appointments and the man came to spray the house.
**Wed.....had to play major catchup with school for the week....had children's choir last night followed by an hour of entertainin 1st through 6th graders during a church meeting....came home last night and spent a couple of hours making the invitations for the boys' birthday party as well as doing some scheduling things.
**I have a little break today...only need to run to the store for a few things and the pharmacy for Jeff. We will also be playing major catchup again.
**Tomorrow is Patrick's birthday. I am taking the kids and a cousin to the movies during the day and then will come home to cook a favorite meal for Patrick as well as a cake. Jeff's parents and some cousins will come over for cake.
**Saturday hair appointment and dog to the groomers.
**Sunday Church and Sunday School fellowship.

It has surely been one of those weeks. The wonderful thing is that WE ARE OFF next week for the Thanksgiving break....woo hoo!!!

I hope you have a great day today!!!!!!!!!!!
I love seeing you here!
November 16th, 2006, 09:10 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
Well I still have done no school work.. and I don't care.. what I have sone today is totally reorganize my crafts, hoe'd out Declan's room.. freecycled a bunch of toys and books and managed to fed 4 kdis 2 meals thus far. Now it's nap time and I have about 4 weeks worth of coupons to sort!
November 16th, 2006, 11:24 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have been busy too. We have LOTS of company coming in this weekend! I feel crazy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search