A bit about me

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2006, 10:03 AM
peggy2326's Avatar Member
Hi Everyone - nice to meet you. As I mentioned in another thread, I have been lurking here since late August & am just now ready to post. I know that sounds dumb, but we are so new to homeschooling (just since Sept) that I have just been soaking up all the great advice & have not really had anything to add. But, we are now getting the hang of things & really getting into a groove, so hopefully I will be here a bit more regularly.

Our son Jake is 4 1/2 & we are doing kindergarten curriculum with him. As I said, it took us a while to get into a groove, but things are going very well now & we are all really enjoying having more time as a family. That was really our biggest motivation for starting to homeschool. And part of the reason I think it took us a bit longer to get feeling "right" is that up until mid-August I was working full time (and have been since Jake was 9 months old), & I actually quit my job to stay at home when we made this homecshooling decision. So I'm adjusting to this new life on many levels. And some days are definitely better than others!

We live in Ontario, Canada - not sure if you have any other Canucks on the board - I haven't seen any yet. We do spend a great deal of time (several vacations a year) in the US, as most of my husband's family is there.

I'm not sure what else to tell you & I'm sure you're bored of hearing about me already so I'll leave it at that!

Happy Friday!!
November 17th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Peggy,
I am glad to see a Canadian here! I have a lot of online Canadian friends because I used to post regularly at the Today's Parent forum. I have made some wonderful friends and learned so much about wonderful, beautiful Canada.
I look forward to getting to know you!
November 17th, 2006, 01:17 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A Canuck, beuty mate! about time there was another nationality. Give these yanks a run for there money.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
November 17th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the board Peggy. This is our first year homeschooling too. I have a son doing 5th/6th grade, a daughter working on 2nd/3rd grade and a 3 yr old preschooler. I also have a 1 yr old along for the ride.

Glad you're here. It's great having more people around to post!

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
November 17th, 2006, 03:55 PM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
Does it count if my Grandmother was a Canuck???..lol.. I'm Alison..this is our first year also.. Noah is 12 and in 7th, Declan is 4.5 ( almost 5) and doing K/1st grade stuff ( although we can't officially be approved for above grade level..and we don't even have to deal with the school dept until 2008), Jadziah is just 3 and learning basics and I have a 14.5 month old along for the ride!
November 17th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Kangaroo510
Hi!!

I'm Jeana, I'm 22 and I'm the boards resident past homeschooler! I was homeschooled from k - 12 and loved it! My Daughter Dahlia is almost 12 weeks old and she is a future homeschooler! Don't be scared.. we love new meat... uh I mean new friends! LOL I'm just kidding! Do you guys want me to leave yet? I'm sorry, I should go to bed. I'm getting a bit loopy... Oh, and JO, deep down I really think I am an Aussie... I've been practicing by eating at OUTBACK!!! I think I'll go hunt down that picture of me in my G'Day Mate bathing suit so there is proof I'm from oz!
November 17th, 2006, 07:40 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome again....and I just loved the intro.

We have 2 boys and are doing preschool and 2nd grade.

November 18th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Peggy and welcome!
November 19th, 2006, 09:02 AM
ilovemy3wikids
Hi and welcome

I don't post too much either but make sure to take the time to read. We are also 1st year homeschoolers. I have a DD who is 5 and doing mostly 1st grade work and a son who is 11 mo and doing baby work ( playing lol) This is a great board and everyone here is very supportive and helpful!

Not from Canada here but Wi is close lol!
November 19th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Welcome!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search