How was your weekend?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2006, 06:45 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
How was everyone's weekend? We were super busy but now we are totally relaxed. Eric is on vacation from work so we have a few small home things planned but mostly just hanging out! We're hoping to get all our outside lights up!!
November 20th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had a really good weekend. We were able to relax a lot and so some cool things. One of the best things is that I got Patrick's room rearranged and the garage cleaned out. Hey, I even helped my neighbor rearrange and clean her son's room! I was on a ball .
TODAY WE REST!
I might find something to reorganize, but that will be fun!
Have a great day.
November 20th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Busy weekend. Saturday we looked at houses and didn't like any of them. (We are considering a possible move, but most likely not any time soon.) Sunday was church with a Thanksgiving lunch afterwards. Then home to clean and make a big Sunday dinner. Today will be more cleaning to get ready for Thursday, relaxing, and no school! The kids and I are really enjoying the break! I wish I could say the same about my own school, but I have homework and studying to do tonight.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
November 20th, 2006, 01:40 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For us it is now it's all about Sarah's party and dance concert. I wish the concert rehersals was at a diffrent time, as I'm finding it hard to be orginized. Luckly my friend who normaly takes both girls to dance while I look after the little ones is buying the ribbon and making the wrist bangles that they sprang on us at last Sunday! rehersal.

My head is way to full of sarah's party this Sataday. I made the pin on the frog on the weekend, and it looks really good. I will once it's all over put up some photos on webshots for you all to see.
I printed out a frog I found online onto plastic sheet and used my overhead projector (It's an old one I got from our church after I noticed it hanging around in the backroom after a new type one had been bought ) to blow it up larger, then traced around in pencil and painted it. Then I found a crown template online and just had enough 'ranbow silver' cardboard Ide saved from some packaging to make the six little crowns. They were just the right size, it turned out great.
I did a couple more layers of paper machette to the golden ball, because it seemed rather weak with just 3 layers. Now I'm worried they wont be able to break it! lol At least it will keep them busy! My friends dh who is very artistic, who has made a donkey pinarta said he only used 3 layers...oops.
I decided on how to do the castle cake. Kind of cheating as I am buying the main bottum part of the cake already iced white from Woolies bakery. After reserching online I've decided to have non edible towers. basicly they are cardboard wraped around with fondant. I've never used fondant before and it's intresting stuff, rather like play dough. I am going to try and make some small flowers to decorate the cake with. I started by tinting some pink last night but decided it was getting too late...who moved those clock hands to 11!??

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
November 20th, 2006, 05:37 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
We had a great weekend! Troy was on vacation last week, so we went to Branson from Wednesday to Saturday and had a GREAT time! Silver Dollar City was all decked out for Christmas with over 4 million lights (it was so pretty!) and Christmas carols were playing in the background...very festive, even though it's not even Thanksgiving yet! We went to see Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede, which was dinner and a great show with horses and trick riding and things like that. It was so much fun! Yesterday was hard for me because I felt really blue that the vacation was over, but I've been ok today now that we're back in the swing of life.

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search