Two Hours

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2006, 05:28 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is what I slept last night. I'm not sure if it was full insomnia or just too much on my mind. While I try to tell myself that I am not stressing about Thanksgiving Thursday and the campout birthday party on Friday, I must be a little worried about pulling it all off.
I stayed up late working on all of my lists as well as just surfing the internet for fun campout ideas. I had a great time doing all of that, but when I tried to go to sleep, it just wouldn't happen. I finally got my book out and read. At 4:00 this morning, I realized that I would not fall asleep reading, so I just put the book down. I know that I slept from around 4:00 until 5:00 or so. Then, I slept about an hour while Jeff got ready and did his Bible study this morning. I know that I should be sleeping now, but I have to leave as early as possible to go buy the stuff I need for Thursday and Friday and be back to keep my BIL's kids for him while he gets some stuff done. It's hard for me to fall asleep when I am afraid that I won't wake up when I need to. Also, I have an article that I have been wanting to write about a man that I met on our cruise. He spends 4 weeks out of every year...around Christmas...sitting out in his yard dressed as Santa so children can come see him. He doesn't get paid for it, he just does it because he loves the children. He has had the same children come year after year since he started doing it. He sits out there for 4 hours a night...every night of the week....for 4 weeks straight. I want to write an article about him to send off to a few places. I got up and got some of it written this morning.

So...I will just suck it up today and pretend like I slept last night. It won't be the first time. I just look at it like this...the time that I had alone last night was fun. I had a great time surfing around and finding cool party ideas. Like, using the little bandanna on a stick thing for goody bags instead of what I had planned.

<div align="center">

I also found this great cake that I decided to make instead of the cupcakes that I had planned.

</div>

So, see, it wasn't all for nothing.

I really don't feel horribly tired. I probably won't until afternoon and I will just stop what I am doing and rest....if the BIL is back by that time .

Anyway, I'm not posting to complain...just yapping about it all. I am going to go try to lie down for about an hour. I'll be around later!!!
November 22nd, 2006, 07:46 AM
Kangaroo510
Well, I got a little more sleep than that but Dahlia did decide that she wanted to eat at 1:30, again at 3:30 and then stay awake for a while! I was up from 3:30 to 6 trying to get her back to sleep. She would only fall asleep if I held her and as soon as I put her down she would wake back up. It was frustrating but I, like you, look for the positive side of it. My baby missed me and wanted to be near me. She wanted to be cuddled and loved on. I know there will come a day when she won't want to be held as much and I'll miss it. She also slept in a little bit later than usual in the morning (8:45) and for me, waking up and seeing that time on the clock was awesome! I FELT like I had gotten to sleep in!

Always look for the bright side in every situation!

Hang in there Shery! I'm sure the rest of your week will go just fine!
November 22nd, 2006, 01:23 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been doing a bit of this latly with Sarah's party this Sat and her upcoming dance concert. Instead of going to sleep I lay there thinking over my lists and what needs to be done etc etc. I have always done that when I have something on that I have to orginize. Still I've had some of my best ideas at 12am thinking! Reading has never helped me sleep...well nothing intresting does. I was up reading about fondant icing the other night (using it on dd castle cake) which simply gives me more ideas on to think on. Maybe I should borrow my fathers calculus book I'm sure that would make me tired!
I've had a couple maybe 3 times nights I stayed awake till 4am, but actualy I wasn't that tiredthat day. I figure maybe adrenilin keeps me going. Hope you have a good day and a nice long sleep tonight.

P.S nearly forgot to say I love that cake! and the goodie bag on a stick. I bet the boys will think there cool!

I love surfing around for neat ideas like that myself. Last night I found some of the cutest free place cards that I'm going to use for the girls princess party. http://www.geocities.com/cutoutsplus/dragon_pc.html and another site that has all kinds of free kids party printables including camp out ones...... http://www.dominosugar.com/birthdays/ lol theres some nice camp out thank you cards there.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
November 22nd, 2006, 04:48 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
I hope that the lack of sleep didn't catch up with you too badly!

Reilly was at a birthday party last week and I LOVED what her mom did for goodies. She had a bag by the door with things like bottles of kids bubble bath and girly body wash, Barbie toothpaste and things like that and each girl got to pick one thing out of the bag when they left the party. I think I'm going to do this for Reilly's next party!

Love the cakes and I can't wait to see pics!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

November 24th, 2006, 08:05 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Shery! I love the goodie bags and the cake! I can't wait to hear how it went.

I have always had trouble with clearning my mind enough to sleep. As soon as I lay down my mind starts to whirl! I get some of my best thinking done in the hours that the rest of my world is sleeping.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search