Any here use UN Highschool/independant study curriculum?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2007, 05:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to BahamaMama2B Send a message via MSN to BahamaMama2B
My son starts high school next year and where we are (US test range) there is not a "traditional" US high school program. The kids will be in a group setting (they will be in a classroom) but they will not have a teacher (just a "paraprofessional/proctor" for tests and supervision). Their curriculum is considered to be a "home school" program and is distance learning through the University of Nebraska Independant Study. They work at their own pace/independant study.

Just curious if anyone here has used their program or belong to other homeschool forums that might have members who have. Would love to hear some first hand experience from those that are in or have tried their curriculum.

Thanks!

My blog
May 20th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I have heard of people using UN. A lot of State Dept. employees' kids use it. I haven't heard anything bad about it. It sounds like a good program.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

May 20th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I did an independent highschool program when I was homeschooled called American Schools located in Lansing, Ill. I liked it and it had a way to tutor when I needed help. Then it had tests to send into the school. I did enjoy it, but I actually am thinking for my kids what might be even better for them is to either take some high school classes they enjoy or if they don't want to attend the high school, which I don't want them to much and I didn't either, is for them to take some online community college classes. This gives them college credit and I wish I could have done that since the independent study classes I did were about the same as the college classes since it was college prep.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search