Book Adventure

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2007, 09:35 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jack has finally gotten excited about reading chapter books! He's loving the Magic Tree House books right now. He's read the first 3 already. He read book #3 in half a day yesterday and is starting book #4 today. Anyway, he's registered on Book Adventure and is up to 420 points. I'm trying to make some certificates for him, but I'm not sure what sounds good for however many points. For those of you whose child is doing this, would you mind sharing some of your ideas for the certificates with me? So far I have: pick a movie for movie night (200 pts), go to the movies (500 pts), buy a new book (500 pts), choose & help make dessert (700 pts), & field trip to the museum (1000 pts). I would love to hear some other ideas.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

May 23rd, 2007, 10:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That is AWESOME!! Does he have chores? If so, maybe for more points he could have a chore free day? That's all I could come up with.

May 23rd, 2007, 11:12 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Does he like any little trinkets like temporary tattoos or things like that? twiceinabluemoon was letting her kids pool their points to get ice cream after a certain number of points and, the biggie, go to Disney Land for the day after they got a whole ton of points. Maybe a "date" with just him and dad or him and mom?

We gave up on Book Adventure. Almost all the books Ani was reading weren't on there and she ended up frustrated because she wanted to get the points but couldn't. She reads mostly books from the library now (since she's gone through the books we own already!) so they are older ones and that's the problem.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

May 23rd, 2007, 06:32 PM
svecica's Avatar Veteran
we have Trip to the Skate park, a Soda, a treat (chips/candy/cookies/etc) bought on the next grocery trip, extra TV or video game time, a movie night (dvd, popcorn, etc). There are a few others but the only ones they ever pick are trips to parks and movie nights, so far. What can I say? They have simple tastes.

-incorrigible

May 23rd, 2007, 07:00 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds very interesting! I wonder if Belle would like something such as this.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

May 24th, 2007, 04:25 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great ideas! Thanks!
Quote:
Does he have chores? If so, maybe for more points he could have a chore free day?[/b]
For him, that would actually be more of a PUNISHMENT than a reward! The boy loves chores!!!
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

May 24th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Quote:
For him, that would actually be more of a PUNISHMENT than a reward! The boy loves chores!!![/b]
Sounds like my nephew. I was on the phone with my sister one day when she started dusting without him and he had a complete meltdown because that was his chore to do! Where do these kids come from and where can I get me one?

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

May 24th, 2007, 05:56 AM
willischomp's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to willischomp
Quote:
Sounds very interesting! I wonder if Belle would like something such as this.[/b]

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Morgan is 5 and she loves reading for points. I think she has about 2300 points saved up right now!! </span>
May 24th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Great ideas! Thanks!
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
Does he have chores? If so, maybe for more points he could have a chore free day?[/b]
For him, that would actually be more of a PUNISHMENT than a reward! The boy loves chores!!!
[/b][/quote]

Oh my goodness!! Send him over to my house to show Eathan how it's done!! He pitches a fit when we tell him it's time to pick up his toys and wants to know WHY? He is only 4 (well almost) so he doesn't have set chores, yet, but just picking up his toys is a total bummer for him.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search